Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 1000 staff across 10 offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at $1.9bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It's a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 100M people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We're looking for an experienced Commercial Ads Managerto be part of our Americas Commercial team. You'll help to maintain and grow Skyscanner's Agency Advertising and Direct Client advertising revenue across the Americas, with a focus on building new sales from Digital Agencies and DMOs, ensuring Skyscanner achieves optimum share of budgets. You'll also ensure advertising activity on the site or device is applied correctly to achieve the best possible results.
What you can expect as a Commercial Manager - Advertising
- Identify key partnership opportunities for Americas markets with special focus in Latin America and Brazil, negotiate terms and acquire those clients as paying customers (these partnerships are largely Destination Marketing Offices, Airlines and Hotels but may also include other strategic partners in the travel eco-system)
- Proactively pursuing and securing new business, then developing and nurturing those relationships to supporting ongoing business
- Developing digital advertising plans that position Skyscanner as a strategic partner
- Applying analytical skills to understand clients' changing business needs and the travel sphere market dynamics
- Generating incremental revenues from existing clients by selling additional advertising opportunities, multi-market solutions and long-term commitments
- Monitoring relevant performance metrics and efficiently managing campaigns to focus on activities that grow revenue, ensuring client satisfaction
- Coordinating with other functional and support areas, including campaign delivery, sales, operations, product development and billing
- Representing the business at external events where appropriate
- Bias to action. You drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrixed and relationship-based organization. An ability to communicate value and influence customer decision makers
- Team player: Excellent relationship management skills, tenacious and a cross function collaborator
- Self-driven: You have fantastic organizational skills, integrity and great follow through. You don't get overwhelmed easily
- Naturally curious: You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to sell Skyscanner. An appreciation of an international and technology-oriented business environment
- Fun: You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world
- You understand the impact of a highly-successful sales strategy. A desire and hunger to succeed
- Analytically oriented. You can demonstrate impact and efficiency of interventions on the business. You make data driven decisions that add value
What we are looking for
- A track record of generating new business sales
- Experience in selling digital advertising to agencies and clients is a plus
- Experience selling ad solutions across Latin American markets
- A good understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem.
- Experience with online travel clients/campaigns is a plus.
- Mobile advertising sales experience is an advantage.
- Proven success in client management or successful consultative or solution-selling experience
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills is a must.
Skyscanner makes travel effortless for everyone with an unparalleled mix of choice and value. From flights to hotels and car hire, we work side-by-side with the biggest names in travel to bring over 100 million travelers all the options they need to plan and book their perfect trip. Part of the Ctrip family, we're a fast-growing global business with a local outlook, employing more than 1,000 people from over 50 different countries in offices across Europe, Asia and North America. Since launching in 2003, Skyscanner has been at the forefront of new trends in the digital travel industry. Now we're going further – leading the global transformation to modern and sustainable travel. Want to join us on our journey? Take a look at our jobs site: http://www.skyscanner.net/jobs/
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success. As well as all the usual perks you would expect from barista machines to massage chairs, to ping pong tables, 21 vacation days, covered maternity leave and holiday buying scheme as well as 401k and health coverage. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive, be trusted to make impact and ultimately help us put our users first. However, for most of us, as much as we love all the tangible treats, it's the stuff you can't Instagram or listicle that make this place a pretty darned good place to work. The good people at the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For awards, where we were listed 6th in the UK.
What you will get in Miami
Mostly remote position with we work facilities on demand across Miami-Dade and Broward.#LI-FG1