This full-time, salaried position will be responsible for leading a team of Inside Sales reps, Customer Support, and Production Scheduling employees. The team is responsible for meetings customer needs in a challenging fast-paced manufacturing environment by developing and building relationships with assigned customers. The high-energy person filling this position will drive the success of their team through the timely and successful delivery of our products and solutions according to customer needs.
The Inside Sales Manager will oversee and lead the activities of the Inside Sales Department, Customer Service and Production Scheduling.
- Hires and trains Inside Sales Reps, Customer Service and Production schedulers.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules, territories, and performance of Inside Sales Reps and Customer Service.
- Organizes and oversees the production scheduling team to align with the overall customer expectations.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Provides leadership to the inside sales team.
- Motivates and encourages inside sales team to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Reviews and analyzes sales and operational records and reports; uses data to project sales, determine profitability and targets, and identify potential new markets.
- Identifies and analyzes customer preferences to properly direct sales efforts.
- Assigns territories and sets departmental and individual goals for team.
- Consults with potential customers to understand their needs; identifies and suggests equipment, products, or services that will meet those needs.
- Resolves customer complaints, staffing problems, and other issues that may interfere with efficient sales operations.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop sales goals and strategies.
- Acts as company representative at trade association meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills/Abilities: :
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience::
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Administration, or related field, OR
- Comparable record of sales leadership experience required.
- At least five years of sales experience required.
Physical Requirements: :
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.