Gladding McBean in Lincoln, CA is a manufacturer of vitrified clay pipe for sewers, clay roof tile, piazza clay floor tile, glazed terra cotta pottery, architectural terra cotta, sacked mortar clay, chimney tops and caps. We are a proud member of the Pacific Coast Building Products Family of Companies
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Roof Tile Sales Manager, this position supports Roof Tile, Terra Cotta and Garden Pottery Sales Representatives and customers; and is responsible for supporting and demonstrating the Core Values of Integrity, Safety, Respect, Customer Focus, Quality, Innovation and Financial Success. Performs other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: General
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains contact and provides internal support to Inside and Outside Sales Reps.
- May contact customers by telephone. Customers include: installation contractors, supply dealers, architects, engineers, etc.
- Prepares samples for customers and potential customers as requested.
- Performs assistance with job quotes, order processing, production tracking, deliveries, and job reconciliation/closeouts.
- Answers customers inquiries by telephone.
- Attends in-house sales meetings.
- Performs required paperwork and maintains job order file.
- Attends safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time by the company or its designated representatives.
- Regular attendance is required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school education or equivalent
- SAP experience a plus.
- Intermediate Excel knowledge required
- Two years Inside Sales Support experience and one-year experience in construction/transportation industry required.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to multi-task required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Training and experience are interchangeable on a year-for-year basis. On-the-job training required to perform duties above.
- Knowledge of construction, working knowledge of roof tile and code standards preferred.
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with peers, customers, and superiors.
- Requires good reading, writing and mathematical skills.
- Ability to operate automobile, personal computer, printer, calculator, copier, facsimile machine and any other equipment required to perform duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
- Lifting-up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Office environment with moderate noise.
- Plant environment with loud noise, moving machinery, dusty, dirty.
- Outdoor weather conditions.
- Extreme temperatures.
- Wear mandatory and/or other appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
This is a regular, full-time position with competitive compensation and full benefits including medical/dental insurance, disability benefits, life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing retirement plan, and wellness programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and promote a drug free workplace