Duration: 06 Months
Contract Type: W2/C2C
Business Intelligence & Strategy Analyst:
Automation and Optimization team leverages data, algorithms and analytics to optimize and automate all things related to client operations - merchandising, site content, search etc. Our team endeavors to improve site performance with actionable data backed insights. We are looking for a strong leader with good understanding of data analytics concepts and business acumen.
As our Business Intelligence Analyst, you'll dig into raw data to build infrastructure and reports that business users can utilize for day-to-day ops. In this role you will work with cross functional data coming from different sources - Product, Engineering, Member Services, Marketing, and Business Operations, analyze and identify patterns, build business friendly reports and influence business strategy to help make Holiday season a success.
Who will love this job:
- A data junky - you love compiling data to show progress and guide decision making
- A doer - you thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
- A creative problem solver - you have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving
- An organizer - you have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to execute a plan in a methodical, structured way
- Someone who loves moving at a fast pace - Desire to be a part of one of a fast-growing technology startup where the only constant is change
- Work cross functionally with all levels of the business including marketing, product, engineering, logistics, member services and data science
- Align with leaders across the organization to build and maintain relevant data definitions, KPIs, and dashboards
- Build out internal resources for onboarding, supporting, and training the company on data sets and tools
- Work with large, messy, disparate datasets and conduct aggregated analysis in a meaningful way to drive strategic priorities and codify customer interactions to inform the business on engagement
- Build ad hoc back of the envelope analyses to quickly inform critical cross-functional business decisions
- Lead efforts to translate data into insights using SQL, HiveQL, Spark etc
- Help teams establish metrics and reporting to optimize internal team workflows
- Provide all required data and insights in preparation for executive and board team communication materials
- At least 2-3 years of total work experience
- BA/BS Degree, preferably in a quantitative discipline
- Expertise in SQL, Hive, Spark
- Knowledge of Python, R is a plus
- Can transform complex data sets into simple visuals and dashboards for analytical and non-analytical teammates
- The ability to let the numbers define the narrative rather than finding numbers to support a narrative
- Management consulting background is a plus (with project work focused on data analysis)
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.