Gather and analyze data to develop competitive pricing structures for new and existing customers in order to drive growth opportunities and increase profits. Ensure rate revisions received within the network are updated timely, distributed to the proper operational contacts, and well understood to guarantee billing accuracy.
Pricing Analyst Job-Specific Tasks and Duties
- Provide pricing or update within 24 hours of request
- Deliver regular and ad hoc pricing analysis and reporting
- Assist in presenting quotes/pricing to customers, Sales, and Account Management
- Receive and update any rate revisions and disseminate new rates to the operational teams
- Monitor contract rates and alter local pricing in conjunction with market conditions
- Validate quotations for accuracy and profitability
- Take initiative in identifying and resolving challenges or issues around pricing and margin
- Ensure rates and invoicing requirements are accurate and well-documented during the transition of new business
- Work closely with operations to resolve billing discrepancies
- Utilize existing analytical tools to drive improvement in invoice quality and reduction of open provisions
- Ensure TLI’s are filed and updated timely to maintain compliance
Expeditors Core Competencies:
- Exceptional Customer Service:
- Exceeds customer expectations by anticipating, understanding and meeting needs. Is proactive and when issues arise, is timely and resolute in solving problems, including escalating to management when necessary. Builds rapport and exhibits empathy during interactions, and consistently strives to improve customer satisfaction with customers. (This skill expectation applies both externally (customers, service providers) and internally (other Expeditors offices/employees).
- Job Execution:
- Consistently completes quality work that matches job expectations. Is committed to operational excellence and continuous improvement for own job function and across the network. All activities are compliant with company policies/procedures and code of business conduct and with government regulations.
- Consistently meets deadlines. Is punctual and can be relied on for planning purposes. Is organized, manages own time effectively and can prioritize.
- Displays a willingness to accomplish not only his/her own job responsibilities without the need for constant prodding but is willing, without request, to aid and assist others to the benefit of the company and/or customers. Works in harmony with superiors and fellow workers without incident or delay. Expeditors International of Washington, Inc. Version 1 March 2021
- Effectively listens to others and communicates (verbal and written) in a professional manner, both internally and externally. Provides relevant and timely information to co-workers, customers and service providers. Answers phone calls and responds to voicemails, emails and other communication according to Expeditors' standards.
- Exhibits and promotes the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
- Personal Growth and Development:
- Participates in training within the company’s guidelines, completing at least 52 hours of relevant training per year. Completes required training in a timely manner with minimal reminders. Pursues professional development goals for self, including participating in a development plan as appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS :
- Strong knowledge of all Expeditors Products and Services
- Good understanding of Expeditors policies and procedures
- Strong market and competition knowledge
- Strong PC skills, including experience with Microsoft Office
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, and communicate clearly and concisely
- Well-organized, efficient at time management
- Ability to prioritize and complete work within deadlines
- Strategic and analytic thinker
- Initiative and ability to work in autonomy
- Collaborative and innovative
- Education to degree level or business experience equivalent
- 2-3 years industry related experience
- applicant must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Successful candidate must pass the company's defined background check.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Health, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance provided - full premiums paid by Expeditors
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program