FOCUS: Medicaid and Government Payers
Santen is a specialized pharmaceutical company with a 130-year heritage focused exclusively on ophthalmology. With sales in over 60 countries, Santen’s 4,000 global employees work to deliver life-changing therapies that make hope a reality for people facing vision impairment and loss. Santen Inc., located in Emeryville, CA (North America HQ), contributes important research & development and commercialization efforts. This office is home to about half of our 300-total staff in North America, including our Toronto, Canada site and our recent acquisitions of Eyevance Pharmaceuticals (Fort Worth, TX) and InnFocus (Miami, FL).
We are in search of top talent to help us meet our important goals and large growth plans.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Eyevance is currently recruiting for a newly created position. We are seeking a historically successful and performance driven individual to join our team as a Market Access, National Account Director. As a key member of the Market Access and Trade Channels team, this individual will be responsible for executing the Eyevance market access strategies with payors to ensure profitable, patient and provider friendly product reimbursement with national and regional commercial payors, PBMs, MCOs and GPOs. The role will report to the Vice President, Market Access & Trade Channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Support the VP, MATC in all aspects of Managed Market Access and product reimbursement.
- Embrace ownership of given responsibilities and deliver results that positively contribute Eyevance business.
- Collaborate with internal leadership and serve as a trusted, knowledgeable advisor.
- Partner and serve fellow Eyevance teammates with a common goal of mutual success for all and Eyevance as an organization.
- Compliantly negotiate for targeted product access by leveraging clinical and economic value propositions; closely track return on investment with contracts; holds customer accountable to mutual agreements.
- Cultivate and maintain strategic relationships with a breadth and depth presence within key accounts.
- Comply with all Eyevance SOPs, Protocols, Employee Guidelines as well as all industry, legal and government regulations in relation to working for a pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Serve as a trusted collaborative partner for sales, marketing and other invested stakeholders.
- Participate as needed in all related home office and field meeting.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Business Acumen: Strategically leverages time, talents, knowledge and resources as part of a total ownership of each assigned account.
- Analytics and Insight: Seeks to utilizes data and analytical strategies to analyze and interpret appropriate business decisions with assigned accounts.
- Contract Negotiations: Utilizes an understanding of the contracting process and associated regulatory, legal, and compliance factors to monitor the execution and ROI performance of contract agreements with payors.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Embraces responsibility, empowerment and ownership of given responsibilities and finds a way to deliver results.
- Resiliency: Operates with an unquenchable desire to win and takes action to overcome barriers and obstacles as part of the path to success
- Customer Relations: Works to establish trust and communication with customers as the foundation of a mutually beneficial business relationship.
- Business Tools: Successfully able to leverage various business resources including, but not limited Video Meetings, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and MS TEAMS.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree.
- 5 or more years of successful performance in the pharmaceutical industry
- 3 or more years of successful performance Payor/PBM/MCO/GPO account management experience
- 3 or more years of people management experience
- This position is field based.
- Travel to customers, attend industry conferences, company meetings and visits to the corporate office will be required.
- Estimated travel 50%
For more information about our company and the work experience, please visit www.santenusa.com