Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing - Greens Hotels
Are you the One?
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, determined, well-spoken and experienced Director of Sales with minimum 5 years of hotel industry experience who understands the meaning of ‘hunting’ to proudly sell our properties. If you love sales and feel passionate about strategically driving peak outcomes and orchestrating talent to make it happen, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Manage entire Sales team to drive sales and service.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Solicit business through telephone calls, outside calls, emails, and conduction of site inspections.
- Host tours for potential clients or existing clients of guest rooms, meeting and Banquet space.
- Execute contracts for Corporate rates and/or Group room blocks.
- Mentor Sales and Catering managers on client relationships and increasing revenue.
- Create and implement a budget plan, marketing plan and forecasts on a monthly and annual level.
- Work with Revenue Management to meet and exceed budget through rate structure.
- Create promotions and packages for transient reservations to maximize hotel revenue
- Maximize profitability within all areas of the hotels.
- Monitors Credit Limits of groups by reviewing credit limit report on a weekly basis.
- Oversees all Accounting completed by Sales team for group bookings and events.
- Recruit, hire and train and supervise Sales Managers, Catering Managers and Sales Administrative Assistants.
- Conduct disciplinary action when necessary.
- Conduct Sales meetings.
- Direct activities of the Sales and Catering team.
- Plan and organize work for Sales Managers and Catering Managers.
- Monitor Sales activities and performance.
- Regular attendance is required for the successful performance of this position.
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events when applicable (trade shows, networking events, etc).
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel
- Must be familiar with general sales softwares such as SalesForce and Hotel Sales Pro.
The ideal candidate will:
- Highly developed written and verbal English communication skills to effectively negotiate, persuade, influence, and sell are critical.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years previous sales management experience.
- Effective listening, verbal, written, negotiation and closing skills.
- Ability to assess customer needs, understand market dynamics and prepare presentations/proposals tailored for individual customers.
- Ability to achieve customer satisfaction.
- The ability to effectively and efficiently schedule, manage and delegate work.
- Send a daily end of the day activity and accomplishment email to the VP Hotel Operations and copy to corporate team leaders.
- Read daily Emails from Greens Sales Managers and respond as appropriate.
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Five (5) years of experience as a sales leader, with prior hotel sales experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Marketing.