As a member of the Cloud Solutions team, the Cloud Solutions Architect will be responsible for supporting could services including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS) as well as cloud server administration. The Architect will also be responsible for the design and implementation of efficient applications and services for cloud services using different cloud provider offerings. The Cloud Solutions Architect will be expected to work with other business units, executives, and IT groups to define solutions using architectural design principles based on the customers requirements. The architect will implement solutions as well as provide implementation guidance based on best practices. The successful candidate will be expected to design, architect, and integrate cloud capabilities accounting for scenarios including service quality, outage management, subscription management, and cost-efficient solution architecture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design solutions based on architectural design principles to satisfy customer requirements
- Architect and assist with the deployment of secure IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS solutions
- Provide implementation guidance based on best practices within the cloud systems team as well as throughout the organization
- Develop tools and documentation to ensure the support staff are adequately prepared to resolve complex customer technical issues
- Solid experience in cloud health monitoring, capacity metering, cloud pricing, and cloud expense management
- Provide solution based on various cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computer trends
- Identify and define technical requirements for cloud service-based applications
- Implements and consults on server installations and upgrades in accordance with IT policies and procedures.
- Assist engineers with handling configuration, systems performance analysis, and optimization.
- Assist engineers with creating scripts for monitoring systems and automation.
- Assist engineers with providing problem and incident management along with chronic issue remediation plans and execution.
- Providing day-to-day remediation of risk and compliance issues in the environment.
- Supporting key technology initiatives including virtualization, data center, disaster recovery, and capacity planning.
- Performing duties following all company standards regarding engagement, change management, and escalations.
- Assist Engineers with escalating issues to vendors and providing root cause analysis and incident reports.
- Providing timely resolution to support issues.
- Work with a dedicated 24x7 operations team, engineering new ways of efficiently triaging events generated by the monitoring tools.
- Creation and maintenance of KB and SOP documents.
- Monitoring and maintaining the Azure, On premise, and O365 cloud environments
A combination of the experience, education, and training listed below which provides an equivalent background to perform the work of this position.
- 8+ years of work-related experience with Cloud Services design and support
- At least 2 Microsoft Azure Expert Level Certification(s) or applicable work-related experience
- Verifiable experience with Citrix/ WVD, Active Directory including Azure A/D, Cloud based Windows & Linux servers, Cloud Infrastructure Components and Methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Strong understanding of cloud computing languages including but not limited to Perl, Java, Azure, PowerShell, Python
- Experience troubleshooting Office 365 and VMWare
- Understanding of IBM Cloud Infrastructure Candidates should be familiar with:
- IBM\NetApp SAN Terminology and technology
- Working as a member of a large enterprise IT team
- LAN\WAN, IP (TCP\UDP) addressing and troubleshooting
- Mentoring others
- Time management in relation to assigned projects
- Familiarity with VMware vSphere 5+, Virtual Center, and related hypervisor technologies
- Familiarity with Disaster Recovery
Rooms To Go is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Brand: Rooms To Go Corporate
Address: 11540 Highway 92 East Seffner, FL - 33584
Property Description: Seffner Office
Property Number: 00000-RMS