This position will be vital in business development, building and maintaining customer relations between SSF (our sales and operational staff) with our customers, and intelligence gathering. This will ensure we are reaching sales objectives, as well as supporting the sales team.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for business development of SSF customer base and support of sales growth through organic growth and development of new customer business.
- Review and analysis of all sales reporting to make recommendations to support of sales objectives and targets
- Visit and establish working relationships with SSF customers and serve as second point of contact after the assigned salesperson.
- Educate customers on new products, promotions, and tools to drive additional sales growth
- Report and resolve customers service-related issues pertaining to sales, service, and product
- Work with Product Managers to enhance and improve existing product lines
- Prepare market evaluation reporting for evaluation of management team on marketing conditions, competition activities, promotions response, and opportunities for growth.
- Keep records of all field call visits and results to current and potential customers
- Special projects as needed
- A background in auto parts distribution is a significant plus, especially in the German and Swedish wholesale parts business
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and resolve customer issues in a prompt and courteous manner
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean driving record, insurable by SSF under company policy
- Work consistent with SSF Employee Handbook, guidelines, policies and procedures
- Maintain a professional attitude with all SSF employees, customers, vendors and visitors
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based environment, as well as independently
- Excellent listening and probing skills
- Bilingual in any language a plus
- Working proficiency in PC based communications, Internet, Email, MS Office
- Use of IBMi, and PC literate
- Attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication skills