Berlin Packaging is the nation's premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30+ straight years of record growth.
Don’t know what makes the rigid packaging industry special? Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day!Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass, plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care, industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too.
Next, combine that with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+ employees are high-performing - and importantly, collaborative - entrepreneurs who blow through obstacles and embody an “Anything is Possible!” mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x the national average. And every single employee shares in Berlin’s profitable growth.
Now you understand why since1898, our 100+ year-old company has grown 10x faster than our industry!
And we're not done yet.
In order to continue our record growth streak, we need people like YOU to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a lifetime? If so, we are seeking a Packaging Consultant who will be responsible for maximizing sales and profitability through prospecting, business retention, and account development.
- Prospecting: Identify, secure, and develop new business
- Business Retention: Maintain existing business including utilization of Berlin’s sales tools and resources. Establish effective working relationships, become a sustaining resource for the customer, and ensure contractual terms and obligations are established and met.
- Account Development (Share of Wallet): Develop existing customer base; maximize sales and profitability through new and existing product offerings.
- Supplier Relationships/Product Knowledge: Establish effective supplier relationships and product knowledge
- Value Added Resources: Utilize and maintain a thorough knowledge of Berlin Packaging’s sales resources and service divisions
- Support Branch metrics
- Fulfill employee portion of the “Berlin Values”
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline or equivalent
- 2+ years consultative sales and prospecting experience with quantifiable support.
- Highly customer focused; self-motivated with B2B sales experience involving complex, relationship-based transactions.
- Strong business and financial acumen; understands and can articulate the Berlin Packaging value proposition, products, services, customers, and suppliers.
- Effectively partners with internal teams and uses sales tools to accelerate results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including written, verbal, and active listening.
- An exceptional level of motivation, desire, and competitiveness.
- Operates with a high sense of urgency; demonstrates strong time management skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow up.
- Technologically savvy.
- Ability to travel.
Office environment, with significant time spent in vehicle traveling to customer locations.
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid parental leave, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance, employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.
Berlin Packaging provides equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time