100% Remote (U.S. Based Only - PST or MST)
Our Fraud & Compliance team is a diverse and collaborative group of individuals who are passionate about keeping our company and our users safe. We are goal-driven and creative problem solvers who are motivated by each other’s energy and shared love for fighting fraud. We believe in taking ownership of our day-to-day, while also having the flexibility to jump in and help wherever needed.
We’re a passionate fraud-fighting team - our dynamic is built on trust, diligence, commitment, integrity, and unity.
In Your New Role
As our Payments & Disputes Associate, you are a highly motivated individual with a desire to never stop learning. You understand the level of attention to detail and extreme care it takes to complete your day to day tasks effectively and to excel in your role. You own your dedicated, often time-sensitive responsibilities, and always see them through to completion with little to no supervision yet are not afraid to ask questions or ask for help when needed. We’re looking for someone who enjoys being a part of a very collaborative environment and can bring a new set of skills and experiences to make our small team even more diverse.
What you’ll be responsible for
Manage fraud team ticket inbox, responding to all chargeback-related emails and other payment or dispute-related issues
- Investigate, collect supporting documentation, and resolve chargebacks
- Manage resolution of lost chargebacks
- Identify high-risk accounts, transactions and other activities discovered through chargeback handling and escalate to your team of Specialists
- Liaise with the Customer Support and Customer Success teams to help answer chargeback-related questions and resolve escalated payment dispute issues
- Work collaboratively with your team to improve the chargeback handling process and win more chargebacks
- Manage the day-to-day operation of programs related to chargebacks
- Responsible for identity and business verifications for safe payment processing
- Provide after hours and weekend support as needed
What you can bring to the table
Successful candidates can come from a variety of backgrounds, yet here are some of the critical experiences we’re looking for:
1 year working in a customer service, clerical, or administrative role
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to timelines and Service Level Agreements all while maintaining high quality of work and managing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team collaborator - understanding that it takes a village to be successful
- Creative thinker with a keen attention to details
- Technically astute - able to troubleshoot, learn new technology quickly, and not be apprehensive about self-learning
- Effective and empathic communicator both in written and verbal form; comfortable making outbound calls as needed
Nice to haves
Working knowledge of Freshdesk, Stripe, Jira
- Proficiency in MS Excel/Google Sheets
**A cover letter is mandatory. Your application will not be considered without one.
At StyleSeat, our mission is to help people look and feel their best. We are on the path to achieving this mission by being the go-to marketplace for consumers to discover, book, and pay for beauty and grooming services (hair stylists, colorists, nail artists, estheticians, barbers, etc). We are also the premier solution for all independent professionals in the industry to run and grow their business. We have powered over 120 million appointments booked and $10B in revenue for small businesses and are on the path to much more.