Wards Intelligence is a leader in automotive industry information services. It is an indispensable tool for worldwide automakers, suppliers, financial firms, and policymakers, offering valuable insight into automotive topics ranging from market size interpretations and sales to industry trends and transformative technological advances. Wards Intelligence delivers the business of the global auto industry through quantitative data, product plans, markets, and OEM strategy.
Ward Intelligence is looking for someone committed to business development and hunting new logos in order to generate massive interest in our suite of subscription, forecast, and insights services in automotive and technology. If you enjoy selling services to professionals and are interested in the automotive and technology industries, come join a dynamic team and be at the center of both. We sell information products that help key automakers, suppliers and financial institutions measure their businesses, illuminate opportunities, and evaluate risks.
With autonomous vehicles looming, new fuel economy and emissions standards on the horizon, and ongoing global integration, the suite of Wards Intelligence subscription and consulting services presents an opportunity to help both traditional and new automakers and suppliers understand the changing landscape.
Day to day Responsibilities
- Introducing the company’s information capabilities to prospective customers, illuminating the value propositions, and crafting proposals based on customer needs
- Developing and managing a strong sales pipeline, prospecting and assessing sales opportunities, and moving a number of transactions simultaneously through the pipeline to close
- Nurturing and expanding the company’s relationship with customer accounts of all sizes
- Meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales and revenue targets
- Acting as a point of contact, as needed, for customer support and assistance
- Providing regular reporting of pipeline, forecasts, and customer feedback
- Keeping abreast of the automotive industry and technology news and developments for an understanding of customer issues, market trends, and competitor services
- Practicing effective, excellent communication with management, customers, and support staff to support all team and company objectives
- Traveling to customer locations and industry events in support of sales efforts as needed.
- 3-7 years of closing sales and achieving overall revenue goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead presentation and sales meetings
- Ability to travel as needed to company events, industry conferences, and prospects’ offices
- Effective at selling remotely (by phone, email, and WebEx) as well as in-person
- Bachelor’s degree and experience selling services in a B2B environment preferred
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse, and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally.
Our benefits include:
- Learning and development (L&D) plans to assist with your career development and ambitions
- 15 days PTO, 10 days sick leave, 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering, and your Birthday off
- Health and medical benefits via Cigna Healthcare
- Retirement plan with 401k match of up to 6 percent
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program - become a shareholder and buy private equity shares at a discount
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.