SPEC Building Materials Corporation is recognized as one of the nation’s leading wholesale distributors of the highest quality building materials, equipment and products for both commercial and residential roofing contractors. Since 1973, SPEC has strategically grown to thirty-six convenient branch locations in markets throughout the Midwest, the South and Southeastern regions.
Members of the Outside Sales Team are responsible to maintain customer relationships, grow product sales and develop new, productive accounts while they maintain a professional image for the SPEC Building Materials Corporation. Team members aggressively promote and sell the entire SPEC product line.
- Prospecting for new accounts through cold calling, provide leads and networking.
- Meet and exceed pre determined sales goals.
- Maintain existing customer base with excellent customer service.
- Understand and advise customers on products and services that SPEC Building Materials offers.
- Maintain good relationships with our valued vendors.
- Maintain a successful track record selling building materials to contractors.
- Demonstrate and practice excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong math skills.
- Possess strong computer skills.
- The ability to manage ones time effectively with little supervision.
- Possess strong presentation, negotiation and closing skills.
- Maintain a current and valid state issued driver’s license.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Building Materials sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Construction sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location