Prospects and solicits corporate markets to generate new catering/group business to ensure monthly/annual goals are met. Plans and administers all catering/group events by assuring that the following duties are accomplished personally and through subordinates.
- Maintains established customer relations and generates new relationships.
- Consistently solicits new clients through phone calls, emails and local outside sales calls.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- Conducts property tours and prepares information for site inspections.
- Conducts competitive set site tours; build relationship with competitive set to gain referrals.
- Attend industry related meetings and events.
- Conducts local outside sales calls to promote the hotel and review competition reader boards to develop leads.
- Meet budgeted sales catering goals of food, beverage, room rental, and audio/visual.
- Responsible for monthly forecast reports.
- Manages time and workload with attention to detail.
- Responds to sales leads within 24 hours.
- Conducts weekly sales calls to build on existing relationships and solicit new opportunities.
- Works with clients to determine specific needs and designs a program to fit the requirements outlined by the client.
- Responsible for detailing of all events.
- Creates BEO and follows through on all details with Banquet Supervisor, banquet staff and client.
- Works events as required to welcome group contacts upon arrival at function to ensure satisfaction.
- Responsibilities subject to change to best meet the needs of the hotel.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of hotels and competitive markets.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction is consistently obtained and maintained.
- Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
This company operates seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Generally, the position works Monday through Friday with hours varied based on business demand. At times it may be necessary to move you from your accustomed work day, to include Saturdays and Sundays, or time of work if business or task assignments demand. In addition, it should be understood that business needs determines the amount of hours that you work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- Hotel Sales: 2 years (Required)
- One location