My client provides outsourced business development services to the marketing communications industry. Their customized programs leverage strategic consulting, technology, and account-based marketing to generate demand, qualified opportunities, and create growth for their clients.
Their clients span all marketing services categories including brand, advertising, digital, direct, design, research and media and range from small shops to globally recognized agencies.
Position Overview: The Business Development Manager has the dual function of developing relationships with corporate marketers and identifying qualified new revenue opportunities for agency clients as well as the role of supporting Business Development Directors. This is a work from home/remote position.
Essential Job Function:
- Manage new business development activities for clients.
- Ensure client new revenue goals and objectives are met and are linked to appropriate messaging, targeting, and outreach channels.
- Lead the development and implementation of a customized new business development strategy based on positioning and relevance to client’s offerings to target markets.
- Review daily marketing news and intelligence from a selection of sources, where relevant stories are highlighted and investigated for client new business opportunities.
- Conduct daily cold call and email prospecting to target audience; develop and nurture mutually beneficial relationships with key prospects.
- Brief clients on identified meetings and opportunities set with corporate marketers and facilitate meeting logistics.
- Monitor activity and evaluate program strategy monthly to improve program results.
- Prepare weekly, quarterly, and annual outcomes reports.
Additional Support Job Functions:
- Assist Business Development Directors with messaging and outreach designed to drive introductions.
- Prepare research-based briefs for use in client meetings
- Provide tactical support to Business Development Directors
- 6+ years of experience in B2B inside sales/new business development in a professional services firm
- Marketing Agency experience highly preferred – either in account management or new business
- Experienced in applying Account Based Sales techniques highly desired
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Entrepreneurial, high energy, and flexible; ability to multi-task, prioritize, roll up sleeves and deliver; results oriented
- Strong written, verbal communication, and organizational skills
- Interpersonal and creative thinking abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related discipline
- 401k plans with company match
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Tax-free Flexible Spending Account
- Life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability
- Paid holidays, plus PTO and paid VTO (Volunteer Time Off)
- Lots of employee engagement activities (company field days, happy hour, brewery tours and other fun team-building activities)
Related keywords: business development, business development manager, sales manager, sales
Lightning Hire LLC provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,468.00 - $85,500.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- B2B sales: 2 years (Required)
- Multiple locations