As a Solutions Architect you will be a leader through collaborating, developing, reviewing and implementing program specific technical strategies and solutions led by you with our healthcare and life science customers and account teams. You will gather requirements to help define a “To-Be” state / solution for your Customer. You will work closely with the Account Sales Reps, Pre-Sales Solutions Engineers and members of Leadership team in developing complex and transformational technical strategies & solutions.
In the Solutions Architect role, you will use Systems Engineering / Architecture skills, knowledge of VMware’s and other Commercial Cloud solutions (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform), and knowledge of Healthcare IT Enterprise requirements to provide a program tailored technical solution. Building a solution may include activities such as executing workshops, conducting client interviews, secondary research, guidance from the Account Team, working with specialists, and product managers.
In the Solutions Architect role, you will be acting as a lead technologist and expected to have a broad understanding of technology. To be successful you will need domain level understanding across the following areas from a broad architecture standpoint:
- Infrastructure (Data Center Design, Networking, Systems Hardware, System Architecture Virtualization, Systems Management, Security)
- Platforms (Application Development, Application Design, SDLC, Java, UI, Spring, IDE’s, SOA)
- Desktop (Desktops Architecture, Thin/Zero Clients, Desktop Management, Desktop Design)
- Management (Datacenter Management, Application Management, Desktop Management,)
- Cloud Computing (Public, Private, Hybrid, Cross Cloud Management, Cloud Connectivity)
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibility for the Technical Strategy and Solution for specific opportunities and initiatives.
- Conduct Solutions Workshops with Customer Stakeholders to drive an understanding of the “As-Is” and through your experiences develop a “To-Be” architecture
- Document the results of Solutions Workshops and effectively communicate a playback to the Customer
- Understand VMware’s customer IT environment and requirements and how to align VMware’s technical value proposition.
- Coordinate VMware’s opportunity specific technical solution with potential partners, VARS and / or System integrators.
- Coordinate and constitute the requisite technical resources per opportunity or initiative (matrix environment).
- Contribute to the authoring of technical proposals
- Strong collaboration with the core sales and pre-sales engineering teams, service sales organization and specialist sales and engineering teams throughout opportunities and in development stages
- 8 to 12 years of Information Technology experience in the healthcare industry.
- 10+ years of design, implementation, consulting experience with distributed applications
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, and networking
- 5 years working as a Systems Engineer or Solution Architect (software company, systems integrator, or payer preferred)
- A Bachelor Sciences Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
- Professional experience building out solutions with VMware technologies and cloud-based technologies (e.g., AWS)
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Business Development
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.