OpsGuru is a global engineering and consulting group. We are experts in the container ecosystem, data processing and analytics, and cloud-native technologies. Our team is formed by network, data, security, DevOps specialists and application developers. OpsGuru empowers customers with technology to solve their business problems and provide the tools to assure success in their digital transformation.
OpsGuru's value to our customers centers around our ability to provide deep technical guidance based on their business needs. We achieve this by assigning small, virtual teams of highly skilled individuals to each client. Within these teams, the Solutions Architect is responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership to Cloud Engineers, while also maintaining a systems view that is able to reconcile technical decisions with broader project goals. Solutions Architects work alongside our Principal Consultants to ensure our project deliverables meet stakeholders' needs while upholding OpsGuru's standards for quality and operational maturity.
- Provide deep technical expertise and leadership across a range of technologies. You will be the go-to person for driving tool selection, resolving complex engineering issues, and guiding best practices during engagements.
- Lead whiteboard design sessions with internal and external team members.
- Identify and communicate technical risks as they emerge over the course of a project.
- Work closely with Principal Consultants to extract project requirements during technical discovery sessions, define deliverables to meet those requirements, and break down those deliverables into a technical roadmap.
- Lead teams of cloud engineers to execute project roadmaps. Provide guidance on technical tasks, priorities and technical assistance when needed.
- Manage scope within customer engagements. Identify changing requirements as they arise, determine their impact on scope, and ensure all stakeholders are aware and agree with the changes.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the customer, as a "Trusted Advisor". Set clear expectations, challenge assumptions, solicit feedback, and take ownership of project deliverables.
- Maintain relevant certifications on cloud technologies and stay informed of key industry trends.
- Proactively identify additional sales opportunities through the duration of the project.
Qualification & Skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- 5+ years of experience in public or private cloud environments
- 2+ years experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tooling (eg Terraform, CloudFormation)
- 2+ years experience in a technical leadership role (eg team lead, architect)
- 2+ years of specialized experience in one of the following:
- Containerization / Cloud Native (OpenShift, Kubernetes, EKS/GKE, ECS).
- Big Data / Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Strong knowledge of foundational elements of public cloud (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud).
- Proficiency in source code management with Git.
- Proficiency with at least one non-shell scripting language
- Experience building CICD pipelines and a strong understanding of CICD best practices
- Strong but flexible opinions on best practices for technical operations teams.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $110,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- public or private cloud environments: 4 years (required)
- Google Cloud: 2 years (required)
- AWS: 2 years (preferred)
- Microsoft Azure: 2 years (preferred)
- Terraform: 2 years (preferred)
- Cloud Formation: 1 year (preferred)
- Technical Leadership: 2 years (preferred)
- Containerization / Cloud Native: 2 years (preferred)
- Big Data / Analytics: 2 years (preferred)
- Machine learning: 1 year (preferred)
- source code management with Git.: 1 year (preferred)
- non-shell scripting language: 1 year (preferred)
- CICD pipelines and best practices: 1 year (preferred)
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tooling: 2 years (preferred)
- Cloud Consulting: 2 years (preferred)