Executive Event Metting Manager
The purpose of an Executive Meeting Manager is drive revenue opportunities via lead management and prospecting efforts targeting small groups and catering events. This role is also charged with logistic management for programs booked and for other programs as assigned by Director of Event Services. This individual will handle Group and Event team market coverage in the absence of Sales Manager. This will include all size bookings 8-250 rooms on peak for all market segments and not wedding events, catering functions for less than 35 people – selling and servicing, management of all social room blocks for events not taking place at the hotel – selling and servicing and servicing definite program logistics and liaison to the hotel operations team.
What’s in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
- Maintain positive relationships with all guests, vendors, colleagues and global sales network
- Actively sell the hotel to the following:
- guest rooms to small groups – all segments
- small catering needs including day meetings and events (less than 35 people)
- Handles incoming calls for events with limited guest rooms and function space and a short lead time to book (specific parameters defined by the hotel)
- Management of business booked including
- logistics related to meeting and event space
- guest room needs – rooming lists, VIPs, arrival time and method
- menu planning
- billing requirements
- post stay management
- Learn and retain booking parameters to ensure hotel profitability of confirmed programs
- Analyze RFP’s and discuss with clients to ensure all program needs are understood and reviewed.
- Participates in the d.a.r.t. Referral Program for referring business to sister hotels/brands
- Discusses all details for the function with the client and prepares a contract for client signature
- Compiles detailed client information on meeting room set-ups, attendance, times, audio visual equipment requirements, meal functions and entertainment requests
- Requests and obtains deposits where applicable and forwards to Accounting following PCI compliance and standards as advised by the hotel
- Ensuring monthly and quarter goals are met
- Solicit new business, engage new clients, and rebook existing clients
- Cover territories of other large group sales managers when out of the office
- Maintain visibility with clients throughout program to ensure details of the contract are being delivered and to solicit future business for the hotel and/or other Accor hotels.
- Attend pre convention meetings as required
- Maintains account, contact, activity and business details within Opera S&C according to standards
- Attends daily sales lead meeting, group sales team meetings and sales & marketing team meetings as required
Your experience and skills include:
EDUCATION: A Bachelor of Arts degree or college diploma is required. Progressive experience in a similar capacity is a definite asset. College course work in related field is helpful.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT: Must possess a working knowledge of personal computers. Understanding of Opera Software and hotel Property Management Systems is helpful. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software. Ability to assemble and understand integrated spreadsheets.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sedentary work. Exerting up to ten pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry push, pull or otherwise move objects, and long hours sometimes may be required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Must work with attention to detail and organization even when managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Minimum of two years working experience within hotel catering and/or sales department
- A general working knowledge food & beverage banquet operations is required
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the concerns of the particular need.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data.
OTHER ABILITIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Good planning and organizational skills are helpful.
- Good people skills
- Team Player
Your team and working environment:
- Join the illustrious Fairmont Copley Plaza's Sales and Marketing Team today. Our team is highly engaged, passionate, and strives to turn moments into memories for every client.
- Our culture is dynamic, fast paced, and promotes growth and opportunity for all.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/