Job DescriptionOur cloud solutions are transforming the world of business, empowering governments, and helping society evolve with the pace of change. Join our team of top-class consultants and help our customers achieve more than ever before.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is looking for experienced Solutions Architects (SA) to be a Subject Matter Experts (SME) in the area of Oracle Package Apps (E-Business Suite), leveraging OCI Services to solve customer problems and drive down customer costs. The Specialist Solutions Architect will partner closely with the Business Development and Sales teams, to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption of OCI solutions.
Oracle OCI Gen 2 is our next-generation cloud service built from ground up for the most demanding application requirements with diverse performance, reliability, and governance requirements for a variety of customer use cases. We are rapidly expanding our footprint and continuously building innovative solutions.
Who is the I-Team?
The I-Team is a customer-facing, a highly technical team within Oracle Sales Organization that is comprised of Enterprise Architects, Solution Specialists, and Software Engineers. We work closely with customers and partners providing guidance, troubleshooting, and best practices.
What You’ll Do
Regardless of how you will be sharing your expertise, whether either in person, in white papers, or via video conference, you will be delivering world-class technical enablement and inspire customer loyalty. As a Principal Solutions Architect, you will:
- Develop white papers, blogs, reference implementations, and presentations to enable customers and 3rd parties to fully leverage OCI platform capability to architect solutions for Oracle Package Apps (E-Business Suite)
- Create field enablement materials for the broader SA population, to help other SA’s understand how to integrate OCI solutions into customer architectures.
- The Specialist SA will partner closely with the Business Development and Engineering teams, to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption of OCI solutions.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions with customers, partners, and Oracle field personnel to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the field and internal teams.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals on our customer’s team to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support.
What You’ll Bring
You have that rare combination—a sharp technical aptitude and an understanding of business. You’ll use this to help customers achieve real-world success with our products. We are looking for US Based Candidates with the following Skills and Experience look for:
- Deep expertise in the area of Oracle Package Apps
- Expertise in areas of Exadata and Oracle Database
- Previous Experience with OCI, AWS, GCP, Azure will be preferred
- Programming/Scripting skill in Python, Scala, Go, Ansible
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Past experience writing and publishing technical white papers.
- BS/MS degree required; Computer Science or Engineering degree with Technical background highly desired; Advanced Degree a plus.
- Communication skills to convey complex ideas and topics to multiple audiences.
Responsible for engaging with strategic and more complex customers, builds leadership relationships at multiple levels within organizations in order to design and implement solutions. Works directly with customers to gather requirements, develop architectures and translates business needs into solutions. May implement solutions and ensure successful deployments through code development and scripting. Displays product/application understanding through highly customized presentation demonstrations to customers and at conferences and events. Supports customer from Proof of Concept (POC) through production deployment of services via resource configuration, planning, and customer education/training. Creates and distributes technical assets (white papers, solution code, blog posts, and video demonstrations). Provides leadership and expertise in the development of new solutions, products, and processes. Maintains expertise by staying current on emerging technologies. Acts as an acknowledged authority for customers and sales on technical cloud solutions and customer success. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner. Identifies gaps and enhancements to influence engineering roadmaps for customer driven features. Maintains expertise by staying current on emerging technologies.
Minimum qualifications include: 12 years experience with computer applications and tools required. Ability to travel 50% international and domestic.
Preferred but not required qualifications include: Bachelor of Science-level university degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering from accredited university; and/or relevant 12 years technical experience. Advanced degree in relevant field of studies highly desirable. Expertise in and an in depth and thorough knowledge of penetrating accounts, meeting stakeholders within accounts, and interaction with C level; Competitive and industry knowledge in the field of computer applications and tools; System and application design; Implementation of advanced product features; Project management; Solving technical problems with customers in technical environments; Written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; Needs analysis, positioning, and business justification. 12 years experience and expertise in the clear communication of technical information to others through presentations, demonstrations, written communication and consultative solutioning experience.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.