September 16, 2021
Aftermarket Senior Sales Engineer
Reports to: Aftermarket Sales Manager
E-mail: [email protected]
JOB TITLE: Aftermarket Senior Sales Engineer
For over 50 years, Aqua-Aerobic Systems has provided thousands of customers with adaptive treatment solutions in biological processes, oxidative process and filtration for both water and wastewater applications. Our knowledge and expertise in applied engineering and manufacturing allows us to provide highly efficient and cost effective technologies that require less energy, less maintenance and provide a low cost of ownership over the life of the plant.
As a leader in the water and wastewater treatment industry, we are growing and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a full-time Aftermarket Senior Sales Engineer.
Reporting to the Aftermarket Sales Manager, the Aftermarket Senior Sales Engineer will champion and drive growth of rebuild and retrofit opportunities. Additionally, the Aftermarket Senior Sales Engineer must be able to develop complex aftermarket technical and sales opportunities. Skills in engineering, sales, and a firm understanding of the operation of Aqua-Aerobic Systems’ products are necessary and applied.
- Manage the sales process for retrofit/rebuild opportunities especially on the biological, cloth media, ozone and ABF product lines including:
a. Identify opportunities.
b. In conjunction with customers and our external sales partners, develop plans and specifications, preliminary scope documents, budgets, etc.
c. Review finalized plans and specifications to complete our take off, prepare scope and costing and clarifications as required.
d. Review and prepare bid documents (as required).
e. Receive and enter sales orders.
f. Prepare for and lead hand off meeting internally to engineering and project management.
- Work within Aqua-Aerobic Systems databases for the sake of creating proposals, clarifications and price information.
- Perform presentations and lead discussions and training opportunities with customers, engineers and sales representatives to articulate technical support information for all product lines.
- Write control narratives for Aqua-Aerobic Systems products, to define programming requirements.
- Develop growth strategy for aftermarket to include performing outreach to existing and new customers to identify opportunities, market needs, etc.
- Assist AMS Sale Manager in programs that will increase sales volume.
- Implement business plan for development of Aftermarket Sales growth to include leading or assisting AMS Sales Manager in implementing programs that will increase sales volume, review proposals, costs and order entry of other AMS personnel as required.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field and a minimum of 5 years of related training and experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledgeable of wastewater treatment processes especially biological and filtration
- Experience working with plans and specifications including bid documents.
- Experience working with independent sales representative organizations and consulting engineers.
- Must be computer literate and be knowledgeable of MS Office software.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Aqua-Aerobic databases.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Aqua-Aerobic products.
- Knowledgeable of biological and filtration processes as they apply to AMS opportunities.
- Strong communications skills (written and oral).
- Comfortable presenting to engineers, plant operations, etc.
- Able to travel on an intermittent basis.
- Display an understanding of the process operation of Aqua-Aerobic Systems’ equipment including the biological and filtration product lines.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements and expectations that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.