Director of PR & Corporate Communications
What We Need
As Director of Public Relations and Corporate Communications you will lead the charge on positioning Kareo as the top-trusted partner for the industry, building and reinforcing the company’s reputation to solidify its place as category leader, and helping build creator and consumer confidence. You will ensure communication alignment and consistency of messaging by working cross-functionally with investor relations, legal, content policy, and trust and safety teams across the organization. Knowledge of the business, our financial results, and product will be critical to your success in this role.
Your Area of Focus
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization to drive Kareo’s narrative in press and other external communication channels
- Build relationships with key business and financial media to secure stories that highlight Kareo’s market opportunity and competitive advantage
- Oversee C-suite external communications activities including media interviews, speaking opportunities, social media content and bylines
- Lead crisis management for Kareo; work across teams to develop proactive and reactive communication strategies and messaging to mitigate a variety of issues that may impact the company’s reputation
- Serve as strategic thought partner to Investor Relations on communication materials for FP&A teams; leveraging the IR calendar to advance key points in Kareo’s corporate story through targeted media opportunities and trade publications
- Create a messaging framework for Kareo’s media strategy that ties to relevant societal, technology, and media themes- as it relates to Investor Relations and Media planning
- Write press releases, bylines, blog posts, and other key pieces of content
- Lead the identification, development, pitching and placement of Kareo-related stories in top-tier business and financial media worldwide, in print, digital and broadcast outlets
- Managing press opportunities through to completion – including staffing interviews, developing background bios, briefing executive spokespeople and tracking through the publishing process
- Establish and nurture relationships with key media contacts with the goal of getting Kareo placed in top media outlets
- Create metrics to measure success and impact of corporate communications
- Graceful under pressure — you have the ability to effectively manage a variety of crisis situations and work with multiple constituents towards resolution
- Ability to successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges and be able to deal with ambiguity
- Strong leader with experience and demonstrated ability to work alongside C-level executives as a trusted advisor
- High level of ownership and committed to achieving measurable results
- Proven track record working with top-tier business and financial reporters to secure stories that advance company priorities
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects at a time, and deliver quality work under pressure
- Collaborative - we’re a close group in the Kareo, and this role must work cross-functionally
- Exceptional communications skills — both written and verbal
- Balance of strategic vision with tactical execution — you see the larger picture, but can also dig into the details to help the team get things done
- Experience working with and managing agency partners- both Public Relations and Investor Relations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8-10+ years of communications experience
- Passionate - Be Passionately Driven: We take pride in our work, inspire others to excel, and are dedicated to solving tough problems in healthcare. We hold ourselves to the highest standards. And we work with urgency because what we do matters.
- Customer-Focused - Dedicated to Customer Success: Helping our customers succeed directs every action we take. We’re committed to helping their practices run smoother so their patients can thrive. We are solution-oriented and aligned with their needs.
- Collaborative - Together We’re Better: Great teams are collaborative, selfless, hardworking, and dedicated. We are willing to do what it takes to get the job done so we can accomplish more together.
- Growing - Constant Growth: We strive to have a growth mindset in all we do. We reject the status quo. We take a unique approach and make every effort to bring clarity to a needlessly complex industry. We are creative problem solvers that believe in making things better.
Kareo is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.