Analyst, Revenue Management - Canada
Thursday, 19 August 2021
At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
- Provides RM support and insights to find sell-in stories for customers as part of annual contract negotiations
- Assist with revenue management reporting and ensure correctness of data
- Work with the Category Management team to identify customer/band mix and recommendations for the portfolio
- Support revenue growth and protect brand equity by capturing the optimal prices that consumers are willing to pay for our brands guaranteeing balance between volume and profitability
- Assist in the development of the country pricing architecture, reference price guidelines and governance processes
- Support the development of the annual price planning process to ensure clear recommendations at the required level of detail. Price changes should be planned with fact-based analysis
- Identify gaps and opportunities in the portfolio through pack, brand, customer and channel analysis, ensuring the price policy correctly reflects consumer willingness to pay
- Assist in the review and maintenance of competitor analytics to understand their price strategy & expected pricing behavior in the market to help identify opportunities and risks to pricing strategy
- Assist in the conjoint studies as well as implementation of insights for the business
- Assist in reviewing tax implications
- Support volume and revenue growth through efficient promotions and investments
- Ensure discounts are executed with intelligence without harming the market (i.e cross channels)
- Responsible for margin pool analysis
- Provide analytical insights by interpreting findings in data (consumer and shopper insights, business and financial indicators, research) to develop fact-based, actionable recommendations that support business objectives
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in Applied Economics, Applied Statistics, Business, Finance or equivalent degree
- Business experience in commercial finance, account management, and revenue management
- Excellent strategical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thorough understanding of elasticity modeling, including cross-price & category elasticity & implications
- Knowledge about promotional landscape and promotional optimization techniques
- Knowledge of trade investment optimization techniques
- Experience in Beverage Alcohol, CPG, Cannabis or relatable industries an asset
- 2-3+ years of progressive experience, Revenue Management, Commercial Finance or FP&A expertise, Sales/Customer experience
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.