Open PTO policy
Medical, dental, &
Safe harbor 401k
Parental leave program
for all parents
FIN Studios is seeking an Executive Producer of Post Production to manage and help grow our post production department expanding production studio. We are looking for a dynamic, organized, resourceful creative problem solver. This is a job for someone who is ambitious and entrepreneurial and can seamlessly transition between oversight of the day to day work, and helping to craft the vision for the future. We are a burgeoning content studio that puts no limits on what we can be and what you might be able to achieve.
We are open to candidates with diverse backgrounds, but experience and a strong understanding of post-production workflows and a solid network of resources are a must.
This Executive Producer will combine their production acumen, creative sensibilities, and attention to detail to help ensure that all creative projects are delivered on time, on budget, and up to the highest standards. We are seeking a “renaissance” person, who is knowledgeable about many aspects of creative production and is looking for the opportunity to contribute in all facets of the production process across all types of media. They will lead and grow a team of staff and freelance editors, producers, motion design and animation artists, mixers, colorists, finishers, and more, while providing strategic and executional guidance on producing cutting-edge creative work (integrated campaigns, content, digital and social, broadcast and print).
The role will start out remotely and will eventually be based in our Culver City office.
- Oversee the business and logistics of the Post Production Department for FIN Studios, reporting to Head of Content
- Oversee all post production workstreams (schedules, bids, budgets), incorporating needs and requests of other teams and clients, adjusting production strategies as needed.
- Build and maintain effective client relationships, ensuring that all client needs are heard, understood, and addressed in a timely way.
- Oversee hiring and resourcing of staff and freelance post producers, editors, assistants, and other artists (including colorists, sound mixers, designers, motion mgfx and vfx),
- Stay current on external up-and-coming and established creative talent, continuing to build relationships and keep post production “rolodex” up to date and flush with best in class talent
- Maintain appropriate margins and profitability for the Post Production Department
- Communicate with the Finance department, ensuring that all financial reporting is in good order.
- Delegate and assign jobs to producers and work with teams to make sure all jobs are properly resourced and run effectively, profitably, and ensuring the highest quality work for clients.
- Train and mentor a growing teamstaff of post producers, assistants, and other support staff.
- Work with edit staff and IT to ensure that all tech (hardware and software) is up to date and functioning properly
- Optimize and develop best practices related to workflow, including any tools for post production and financial management.
- Stay up-to-date on current projects, foresee project challenges, and provide creative solutions when changes and challenges inevitably arise.
- Work with the Head of Content in the development of proposals, scopes of work, and staffing plans for up to date materials and assets for new business.
- Stay current on new technologies as they relate to the post production workflow
- 8+ years of experience in post production in studio and/or agency environment
- 3+ yrs of experience leading and developing teams as Head of Post or EP
- Detailed knowledge of post production workflows, including offline editorial, audio and mix design, mgfx, vfx, finishing, and deliveries
- Solid network of post production resources and artists
- Expert in creative problem solving
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility and integrity
- Proven success in client communication and delivering excellent clients services
- Able to work independently while communicating with Head of Content, CFO and other project stakeholders
- Highly organized and able to juggle involvement in multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Adobe CS Suite and proficiency in Airtable, Simian, Smartsheet, Advantage, Google Suite are a plus