We’re Spindle (a division of Dober) – It’s Nice to Meet You!
Spindle is a technology company that builds the infrastructure for industrial operations to measure and improve their productivity. Businesses of every size – from startups to public companies – use our software to collect data and manage their industrial operations more efficiently.
Our success is built on an intimate foundation between our employees, partners and customers. We know that if we can connect and engage the minds and hearts of our employees to our vision & values—results and happy customers will follow. We accomplish this by living our core values every day and creating a destination for your career and craft.
Creativity, development and innovation is the heartbeat of Dober, and we're seeking a strong Implementation Project Manager/Trainer for our SpindleTeam.
We are looking for a go-live and implementation project manager who leads new and current customer software and hardware engagements utilizing the predefined Spindle project and training methodology. The Project Manager will work to provide end to end project ownership, central point of contact and liaison for all Spindle training, software and hardware related responsibilities between customer, Spindle Team and external resources. post implementation and refresher training of existing customers.
The project manager will also work to develop long-term and sustainable relationships with customers to increase customer success and adoption.
The main responsibilities will include:
Coordinating the timing, communication and budget responsibility for assigned Spindle projects where you are designated the Project Manager including:
- Assisting in setting project timeline and milestones and serving as the primary customer liaison to ensure each task is completed on time and correctly. Working with customers upfront to develop a needs assessment for required training.
- Assisting in reconciliation of project financials and budget with customer invoice.
- Continuous improvement of existing and selection of new instrumentation and equipment.
- Technology searches, life cycle analysis, costing, testing and calibration, training and rollout.
Using adult-learning methodologies to train customer resources on Spindle software functionality and operation
- Design: Collaborate with existing subject matter experts, Project Managers, to design, and evaluate a Spindle training curriculum based on current training initiatives. Determine which training methodologies will best address the various level of audience.
- Develop and prepare training materials relating to the proper procedures for various levels of Spindle customers, including Executives, Managers and floor team members. Communicate with current Spindle staff to guarantee that programs meet all training requirements. Prepare educational materials for various levels of training.
- Deliver: Liaise with customer management to determine training needs and schedule training sessions. Facilitate learning programs related to current version of Spindle customer’s software. Deliver training programs to new Spindle customers based on newest versions of software. implement, conduct. Train in-house trainers to continue ongoing education of new employees to Spindle customers.
- Management: Maintain training programs to ensure that curriculum remain current and accurate. Conduct evaluations to measure the impact of training programs through meaningful assessment of customer response and buy-in. Maintain accurate training records. Manage training budgets together with V.P. of Operations.
Developing long-term and sustainable relationships with customers to increase revenue
- Providing new ideas and methods of revolutionizing the laundry industry and helping Dober “wrap their arms around the customer” through technology.
- Has detailed knowledge of products and services being offered and ensures that products and services consistently meet client needs – even after implementation.
- Works with customers to build rapport after implementation (by visiting sites, calling to follow-up) and determine additional needs for the customer and potential revenue opportunities for Spindle.
- Have a voice in product evolution by contributing to product development directed by client feedback and personal knowledge of using the Spindle software
The values that guide us:
You won’t find our core values stuffed in a drawer. We believe in our core values so much that they’re painted all over our walls. To ensure compatibility, we do a deep dive on one’s core values when we’re hiring or developing a new partnership. The right candidate will demonstrate and share our core values through and through:
- Amaze our customers
- Be passionate, experiment & take chances
- Open-minded to change and always be nimble
- Positive mental attitude, promote team success and do the right thing
- Mutual trust & respect for one another & have fun!
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- At least 1 year of working experience in development of professional training programs or adult learning. Ability to train, teach and provide tools and methodology for transferring knowledge.
- At least 3 years of experience managing complex projects with inter-related development and business requirements.
- Must have a valid passport and availability to travel abroad.
- Must be willing to travel up to 80% of the time.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Must be able to coordinate and lead fellow employees as a Project Manager within all levels of the designated project. Ability to demonstrate leadership without authority.
- Must be able to able to build rapport and communicate well with Spindle customers and all levels of the organization (Executive to floor team members).
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, and execution skills. Including a high degree of accuracy and exactness in performing daily tasks.
- Established competence in identifying issues and proposing methodological solutions proactively.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and tight collaboration approach required.
- Ability to encourage and enforce development of best practice and processes with project team members.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite products and Spindle specific software.
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent working experience
- Proficiency in technical writing.
- Experience in Commercial Laundry, Food and/or other labor-intensive industries.
- Proficiency in communicating (verbal and written) in Spanish.
- Experience working with electronics hardware / software development teams
Real-Life Onboarding Preview
Within the first six months of employment you will be expected to show that you have mastered the following objectives:
Training Program development, enhancement and updating.
Training Program development, enhancement and updating. Train customer resources on Spindle software functionality and operation including: production employees, supervision, management and executives
Training Program Ownership
Take Ownership and be accountable for all aspects of Spindle software training and documentation related to training. Nurture the Spindle training program by keeping it current and relevant, based on product updates.
Be prepared to begin training Spindle customers’ team members on Spindle software functionality and operation including: production employees, supervision, management and executives.
Continually update all end-user related teaching plans/documentation required for training processes.
Assessment for Effectiveness
Working with Corporate Accounts team to develop a training scorecard which will measure the effectiveness of the program to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees’ day to day work processes.
Implement new and current customer software and hardware engagements in accordance to Spindle project process on time and on budget.
Central Point of Contact
Central point of contact for all Spindle related communications between customer, Spindle Team and external resources post sale during the Spindle project process.
Setting and Execution of Timeline and Milestones
Setting of all Spindle project deliverable and milestone dates and executing timely project in accordance to the specified milestone dates
Budgeting and reconciliation of project costs vs budget
Execution and reconciliation of project costs and expenses against defined budget determined during Pre-Implementation phase of Spindle project process
Technical Troubleshooting and Issue Resolution
Develop technical knowledge of Spindle infrastructure and connection methods to troubleshoot customer issues with connections to Spindle software and hardware. Ability to perform basic resolution of these issues with assistance from remote Spindle Engineering, IT and Development resources. .
Software Product Ownership
Have a voice in product evolution by contributing to product development directed by client feedback and personal knowledge of using the Spindle software. Become a strong contributor to the product evolution by offering insight and findings which will help to enhance product development based on client feedback and personal knowledge of using the Spindle software.
The Process: What to Expect
- You find or get this job ad and it piques your interest
- You apply – which let’s us know you’re interested. Yay! You will answer a few screening questions to ensure you meet the basic qualifications of the role.
- A member of our People Development & Human Experience team or hiring manager will reach out to establish initial contact to tell you a bit more about the role, Dober and the interview process.
- We dig a bit deeper and establish initial connection with the hiring manager for the role.
- You come and meet the team, and you leave energized and excited.
Benefits & Perks
Core Benefit Program: From Retirement to Health Benefits, we got you covered. Participate in Dober’s 401k Employee Savings Plan select from multiple Health Insurance Plans to fit your need
Paid Leave: These moments are special. We want you to enjoy them without the worry of work.
Rewards & Recognition: We believe you can never recognize good work too much. That is why we celebrate a monthly ‘Hedgehog of the Month’ winner, a Quarterly ‘Innovator’ winner, and an annual ‘Mr. D’ winner. You’re doing important work here, we know it, and we will celebrate it.
Casual Dress Code: We want you to come to work and be comfortable. Jeans are encouraged, your favorite (Chicago) sports shirts are welcomed, and we love employees with good ‘sock game’. Your slacks and sport coats may collect dust, but we’re okay with that if you are.
Book-Clubs and Continuous Learning: Come Learn with Us. Some of our favorites: "Good to Great", "Scaling Up", "The Machine", "Only the Paranoid Survive", "WHO", "Daring Greatly", "Dare to Lead", "Corporate Lifecycles", "Tools of Titans", "EPIC Content", "The Innovator's Dilemma", and we can go on and on.
Employee Experience & Total Well-Being: we believe in total well-being and your employee experience in its totality including health, mental and financial wellness.
Annual Events: Who doesn’t like a picnic with water slides, karaoke, bags tournaments, employee recognition, lots of family fun, and refreshments!
Dober Gives: Donating our hands, hearts, and resources to our community is one of the most valuable things we can do as an organization. We give back. Our organization and employees support a variety of not-for-profit organizations that contribute to health, wellness and healing.
Free Food: We believe that Marriage, Babies, Longevity, and Retirement are all worth celebrating. But even if we don’t have a fun excuse for free food; we still enjoy a monthly (free) communal meal to take a break from our work and get to know each other more. (plus Food Trucks are fun!)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Masks required for team members who are not vaccinated. Enhanced sanitzation procedures and precautions.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- training: 1 year (Preferred)
- project management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Commercial Laundry: 1 year (Preferred)
- passport (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (Required)
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Locations