WE EMBRACE A TALENT-LED CULTURE*
Our work is driven by our team’s desire to be pioneers.
In 2009, we created Robots & Pencils with the then-contrarian view that mobile would be more transformative than the Internet. Turns out we were right.
Today, our thinking is rooted in the belief that, in the age of unprecedented technology acceleration, maintaining a competitive advantage requires new strategies and a focus on innovation.
Our approach has been to create a company designed to follow the talent, allowing us to amass an unfair share of hyper-skilled people who call Robots & Pencils home. A team of people who not only develop innovative solutions to transform businesses, but also create products that have been previously inconceivable.
What are our core values?
- Strong Work Ethic
- Top Drawer
- Always Learning
Robots & Pencils offers: *
We care about Talent. Hard stop.
We do this in many ways, by offering:
- An attractive compensation package
- Excellent benefits Medical, Dental, Vision etc. (reviewed each year for enhancements)
- Paid stat/federal holidays, vacation and sick days
- Flexible paid stat/federal holidays (because we care about what you care about and want to celebrate our culturally diverse team!)
- R&P branded swag
- Parental & adoption leave top up / salary continuance
But we also know a job isn’t just defined by the above, so we pride ourselves in being a company that also offers:
- A #FollowTheTalent mentality - meaning you can be located anywhere in North America and work remotely. (We have 10+ years of experience building virtual working environments #WeKnowWhatWereDoing)
- A dynamic, fast-paced environment where we’re #alwayslearning.
- And lastly, a team that cares about you and wants to drive the talent experience. How do we do this? Over the years we’ve hosted comedian shows, had holiday parties, happy hours, brunches with the CEO, surprise coffee runs for the team, health & wellness events and prizes, trivia nights, surprise dinners for R&P team members and their family and so much more! And yes, we’ve prioritized a way to do these things in a virtual setting and not just in person - thank you Zoom!
Who you are: *
You are an experienced principal level Project Management leader with a ‘big picture’ delivery mindset and demonstrated history of managing globally distributed delivery and support teams. Skilled in project management at the portfolio, product and project levels, you are self-directed and accomplished with the ability to drive results and build strong relationships with your team, stakeholders, clients and vendors. As the critical point of contact for your client and project team, you are comfortable leading discussions and communicating regularly with senior leadership on project status, decisions, risks and escalations.
You do remarkable things and solve tough problems where many others have failed before. We are looking for people who are driven to be pioneers. If this is you - we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our Client Partners and Account Management team to fully define project work, including talent requests, talent allocation, timeline and cost estimates, constraints, budget, and scope.
- Develop trusted relationships with project team, clients and stakeholders to facilitate open dialogue and identify communication needs of each stakeholder group, ensuring engagement and agreement on scope, budget, requirements and delivery.
- Working with the project team and client, appropriately select an implementation methodology (i.e. agile, waterfall, hybrid) based on the scope of work, timeline, client input and R&P best practice.
- Enable, motivate and inspire the project team to meet deliverables by demonstrating expertise, confidence, empathy and ability to help team solve challenges and achieve goals.
- Support the Business Development (BD) team by leading coordinated efforts in the BD process, including, but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients as a Project Management subject matter expert and managing the delivery of the BD to the prospective client.
- Foster a positive work environment where your team (and R&P peers) feel comfortable enough to laugh and have fun while working together.
- Plan and deliver complex projects/programs to meet scope, budget, time, and customer satisfaction needs while following the PMO methodology and guidelines.
- Proactively communicate, monitor and control project scope, RAID (risks, assumptions, issues, decisions), budget & schedule throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution.
- Work creatively and analytically to problem solve and demonstrate teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Apply judgement and critical thinking with regard to the client needs and goals as it relates to managing and delivering projects outcomes.
- Mentor, coach and provide feedback to project team.
- Participate in idea generation, implementation, and refinement of new and existing processes.
- Conduct project reviews/retrospectives with the team, and others (vendors, client) if applicable, to develop & share lessons learned throughout the project life cycle
- The percentage of travel could be up to 10-20% depending on your location and the client requirements
8+ combined years of experience in cross-functional teams (specifically designers and developers) with preference given to those who have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a related technology field. PMP designation is an asset but not required.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set and monitor a course of action
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down
- Executive presence and excellent communication skills with the ability to tell a compelling story when communicating to all levels of stakeholders
- Self-motivated & decisive with the ability to adapt to change and competing priorities
- Possess solid team building skills for technical and non-technical teams
- Experience working in an agency or consulting organization managing large scale, complex projects
- Robust knowledge of software development process and technologies
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- An extensive knowledge of, and experience with, Agile methodologies
- Experience with Slack, Smartsheets, Confluence, Jira, Harvest, Excel, Keynote, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Trello, and Box are a plus.
Robots & Pencils aspires to have a workforce that is representative of the diversity of our country and encourages applications from everyone
Job Types: Temporary, Contract