CPG is currently looking for a Fleet Manager to drive our success in Norfolk, VA! As a Fleet Manager, you are the pivotal link between our trucking operations and our fleet of owner-operators.
In this role, you will build lasting relationships with our owner operators that center around our core values:
- Safety First. Every decision we make - big or small - is based on our commitment to safety.
- We are Family and endeavor to do the right thing by respecting others and abiding by the golden rule.
- We value Passion and professionalism.
- We are People Oriented and operate in a transparent, collaborative environment.
- We value Creativity and focus on delivering customer centric solutions.
- We create Positive Energy for our teams, families, customers, and suppliers – striving to develop lasting relationships.
This position is a first shift, Monday through Friday opportunity, and this Fleet Manager will report directly to the Terminal Manager.
Your typical day looks like:
- Provide leadership and supervise our fleet of owner-operators (owner-operators are truck drivers who own their own truck and contract with ContainerPort Group to transport our customers’ freight)
- Monitor and ensure effective and efficient delivery performance, fleet profitability and compliance with regulations
- Assign equipment as needed
- Maximize efficiency and profitability of every delivery
- Oversee fair and equitable distribution of loads amongst contractors
- Plan and execute order of deliveries to create efficient load drop-offs and pick-ups
- Ability to accept and decline loads and coordinate with the Customer Success team
- Negotiate rates with contractors outside of the ICOA
- Develop lasting relationships with fleet of contractors to improve performance and encourage retention
- Resolve customer/terminal/rail disputes involving contractors
- Monitor contractor’s compliance and use discretion to take appropriate action related to the following: DOT and compliance regulations, controlled substance suspicion, hours of service, vehicle compliance
- Coordinate required training for fleet of contractors
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Alignment with ContainerPort Group’s purpose, brand promise and core values.
- 2-5 years of intermodal/container transportation experience
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations
- Experience working with fleet of contractors/owner operators
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey information to customers and owner-operators in a clear, focused, and concise manner.
- Strategic thinker who is comfortable in a fast-paced, always-on, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and accurately execute time sensitive tasks.
- Computerized dispatch skills (experience using TMS)
- Strong computer skills and experience using MS Outlook, Excel, Teams, and Word
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision
- Life, AD&D, & Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial planning
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% company match
- Paid Time Off
- Professional development & growth opportunities
- Tuition assistance
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work arrangements
About ContainerPort Group:
ContainerPort Group (CPG®) is an award-winning multimodal transportation company specializing in intermodal drayage. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, and founded in 1971, the company provides comprehensive trucking and logistics services throughout North America. With over 50 years of industry experience, 26 terminal locations, and a dependable fleet of 1,300+ independent contractors, CPG has the tools, talent, and know-how to move your freight. Learn more: www.containerport.com
About Parent Company World Group:
World Group is home to a portfolio of globally trusted brands that deliver end-to-end supply chain and logistics solutions for customers of all sizes. Our platform includes industry-leading products in ocean drayage and domestic trucking, freight forwarding/NVOCC and air freight, customs house brokerage, and warehousing and distribution.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)