With hundreds of pharmacies across the country, a career with Genoa Healthcare means you’re a part of changing the lives of those with HIV, behavioral health and other complex conditions. People with serious illnesses - and those who care for them - have incredibly moving stories, and at Genoa we are their partner. We partner with community-based providers and others, so they get the right medications and can follow their treatment plans.
We are part of OptumRx (and UnitedHealth Group), which is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work.(sm)
Under general supervision of the Vice President of Sales, the Sales Director, Specialty Pharmacies will be responsible for developing and executing an HIV pharmacy territory sales plan, achieve sales targets, and close sales. You will also coordinate sales efforts with strategic partners, support the needs of the medical practice clients and participate in company sales planning, meetings and reporting as it relates to specialty medications and therapy management. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of achieving results, building relationships, customer focus, and promoting all sales and marketing programs.
If you are located in South CA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Maintain successful relations with customers and potential customers by interacting professionally and pro-actively
- Execute and preserve all company-driven marketing initiatives and programs
- Meet with Administrators, Medical Professionals, Case Managers and other staff of customer organizations to assess business viability, present services and close deals
- Promote strategic growth for our company by identifying leads and closing transactions to grow the number of our operating pharmacies
- Focus on HIV market to expand the Genoa community pharmacy footprint and other opportunities via implementation of onsite pharmacies, consumer medication coordinator (CMC) sites and incremental business in central fill pharmacies
- Visit existing customers and maintain successful relationships, relay market feedback, and serve as a point of contact for our customers
- Attend conferences to maintain relationships with current customers, identify leads and interact with potential customers
- Act as a liaison between our company and the customer through the onsite pharmacy contracting and implementation process
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to negotiate agreements
- Experience and ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment
- Reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within the designated area
- Willing to travel as needed (up to 70%) and requires occasional evening and weekend event attendance
- Clean driving background
- Bachelor’s or higher or equivalent years of work experience
- 2+ years of life science, medical device, lab or specialty pharmacy sales
- Track record of sales success and customer service
- Proficient use of Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Exemplary and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Critical listening and thinking skills
- Business acumen, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Territory planning and management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong and trusted relationships
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sales Director, OptumRX, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Orange County, San Diego, Santa Barbara, CA, California