At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tampa Bay, FL (2021), and Jacksonville, FL (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX, to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy Counties) that work as one unit to support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents. Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA’s mission of college for all, as only 1 out of 17 students currently graduate college ready. Our mission holds true as we have over 5,000 IDEA alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 300 colleges and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over 38,000 students in 2022.
Role Mission: The System Administrator is responsible for ensuring a high availability of Technology Operations systems to internal and external customers across all of IDEA. Responsible for managing and supporting Zendesk for customer service and Intune for endpoint device management across the organization. Ensures the development, building and management for new initiatives from each of the systems and trains accordingly for all agents/computer techs for the proper support to all end users.
Manage and maintain System Administration for all End point devices and Helpdesk Service Center Projects (100% District Projects completed on time)
End Point Device Management
- 100% of all end point devices are manage and secure through the Intune Platform.
Build & manage Intune configuration and compliance policies.
- Add/Update compliance policies to reflect the latest software versions.
Build and maintain software and application (company portal) for staff and student.
- Partner with AST and Info Sys teams to build an approved software list.
- Add/Update software applications to latest versions.
Service Center Management
Build and maintain/update Help Center yearly growth.
- Additional agents
- Updated triggers/macros and automations.
- Yearly agent ticket count analysis
- Training and support for new and existing agents by leading weekly trainings through BOY (beginning of year)
Meet Help Desk & AV SLA and customer satisfaction expectations: 95% of support requests receive a response within 8 business hours & are resolved within 48 business hours. Maintain an average customer satisfaction rating of 95% as measured by Zendesk.
- Enforce a culture of ticket entry for all support requests.
- Manage all AV Technical support for staff members.
- Ensure the above goal on a monthly basis for all tickets.
- Supports all agents on achieving goals.
- Establish a remote support culture at sites, measured through Helpdesk remote reports.
- Provides excellent service and strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Provides reporting support for all agents to maintain and manage goals.
- 95% tickets completed on time (48-hour turnaround time)
- 95% ticket first time reply achieved.
- 95% customer satisfaction
- Evaluate performance and support accordingly.
- Plan and structure cross training opportunities.
- Establishment first contact resolution baseline.
Supports & Partners with Service (Help Desk) Manager with department heads, facilitates training & development and defines standard metrics across the organization.
- Successfully invests team and critical business partners to provide industry leading service.
- Partners with department heads to tailor high expectations and manage resources.
- Facilitates trainings & coaching for all agents and their departments.
- Drives service standards, policies, process & procedures.
- Design, configure and validate all critical systems and applications.
- Continuously improves SLAs through consistent data analysis, feedback from the field, and internal initiatives.
- Monitors real-time and historical trends in service volume and customer experience and takes appropriate actions.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain all help center automations and endpoints through Intune.
- Project lead for Tech Ops team, research, plan, and implement all new systems, services and applications.
- Provides progress reporting for all project work in a timely and reasonable manner including estimates, time spent, risk assessment, and resource allocations.
100% campus equipment ready 2 wks. Prior to the first day of school (Computers, Mobility, Agents set up and ready for BOY)
- Plan, coordinate and execute the Beginning of Year plan for technology at every campus.
- Regularly evaluate and manage resources needed to balance the changing needs and deliver a successful beginning of year to all campuses.
- Ensure all new and existing user accounts have access to all required applications, cloud services, devices and networks.
- Develop and implement scheduled audits and verification process on all endpoint devices to determine proper configuration, user access, data security, and user availability before FDoS (First Day of School)
Plan, coordinate and execute the Beginning of Year plan for service readiness for all department and agents.
- Regularly evaluate and manage resources needed to balance the changing needs and deliver a successful beginning of year.
- Ensures every department and campus agent is trained and onboarded for a successful BOY.
- Maintains communications different departments regarding changes to agent staffing and help desk workflows.
100% Dashboards are accurate and up to date on data visibility for all agents across the organization for all systems management.
- Define, identify and develop with each department their reporting needs to successfully manage and drive change.
Ensure reporting data is available/visible for all systems.
- Partner with Soft Dev team to update/change help center dashboard.
Ensure data accuracy for all reporting systems.
- 100% endpoint device management are set within Intune.
- 100% of Zendesk dashboard provides accurate data for all end users and locations.
Zero preventable security incidents
- Foster a culture of information security and privacy practices driving zero breaches/incidents.
- Model and teach best practices in information security and privacy.
- Build and foster urgency of information security among staff and students.
- Partner with the appropriate campus leadership to educate and drive the culture of information security and privacy.
Lives IDEA’s values
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college.
- Is driven by outcomes and results and wants to be held accountable for them.
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization.
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Help Center support and management.
- Microsoft endpoint management support and configuration.
- Interdepartmental partnerships for help center support.
- Help Center data reporting/dashboards.
Competencies (if applicable):
Mission Focus - focuses on IDEA’s core purpose of getting all students into college.
Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals.
Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals.
Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques.
Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in CIS or CS is preferred
- Experience leading large-scale technical deployments or implementations in a complex environment.
Licenses or Certifications
- CompTIA Project+ or CAPM (PMP or PRINCE2 Practitioner preferred)
- CompTIA Network+ (CCNA preferred)
- CompTIA Security+
- ITIL 4 Foundation
Knowledge and Skills
- Project Management
- Organizational Change Management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including technical and procurement documentation.
- Ability to organize and balance multiple long-term projects while prioritizing daily tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Initiative to solve problems independently and seek help from colleagues, when appropriate
- High familiarity with Microsoft 365, database systems, etc.
- Strong vendor and external resource management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $57,141 and $68,569; commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.