At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As a lead member of the sales team, collect, validate and vet with customer the deal-specific
- technical, functional, and nonfunctional requirements.
- Develop initial technical solution strategy based upon IBM’s Cloud Platform services/capabilitie
- Develop non-binding indicative estimate (NBIE) solution proposals to include cost cases, draft
- deployment timelines, technical/operational dependencies, draft architectures.
- Apply technical and competitive insights specific to the Multi-Cloud Platform to optimize sales
- opportunities (also understand how to engineer solutions for leading cloud technologies and
- offerings including, but not limited to, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
- Perform/execute client-facing meetings, RFP oral presentations, quarterly business reviews at
- client sites, and conduct hands-on solution / Cloud Platform demonstrations.
- Apply and continuously develop comprehensive knowledge of IBM’s public cloud go-to-market
- Advise/write the technical elements of RFP responses, contracts and Statements of Work
- (SOWs) with respect to the applicable technical scope, integration points, and architectural
- Develop and maintain client relationships as trusted advisor and thought leader.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with business, channel and alliance partners.
- Achieve and maintain appropriate technical certifications in leading cloud platforms including
- Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud Platform, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Required client-related sales travel up to 25-50% (post COVID-19) — during COVID-19
- pandemic, execute meetings effectively from home via Webex.
Preferable location: Western Canada- Alberta or Calgary
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience in the IT industry
- Minimum 3 years of Sales Engineering / solution design experience in client-facing meetings,
- performing technical aspects of RFP oral presentations, participating in quarterly business
- reviews at client sites.
- Experience leading in validating, vetting with customer the deal-specific technical, functional,
- and non-functional requirements.
- Experience engineering Cloud Platform technical solutions.
- Experience developing technical solution proposals, including cost estimates, draft deployment
- timelines, technical/operational dependencies.
- Strong understanding of the public cloud platform landscape, including AWS, Azure, Google
- Cloud Platform.
- Experience in conducting Cloud Platform demonstrations, solution demonstrations, and/or
- feature-function walk-throughs with customers in a live setting.
- Bilingual in English and French if hired for the province of Quebec.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Existing technical certification in one or more of the following: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Key Job Details Country/Region:CA State:ALBERTA City:Calgary Category:Sales Required Education:Bachelor's Degree Position Type:Professional Employment Type:Full-Time Contract Type:Regular Company:(0026) IBM Canada Limited – IBM Canada Limitee Req ID:417378BR Travel Required:Up to 10% or 1 day a week