About the Team
The Solution Architecture Team is responsible for providing design/thought leadership to implementations of the Civic Platform. In addition to Architect roles on regional project team led implementations, the Solution Architecture Team is also responsible for internal initiatives, pre-sales activities and best practices/standards.
About the Role
The job of the Solutions Architect is to take complex government processes and architect intuitive, easy-to-use packaged solutions on the Accela Civic Platform. In a Solution Architect role, you will be the owner of your solutions from end to end, including design, implementation, packaging, publishing and tracking adoption. Your solutions will be used by local and federal government agencies across the world.
The Solution Architect is a subject matter expert in three or more categories that may include: government process, application architecture, database & reporting, integration, security, cloud computing, mobility, and analytics.
With a broad IT background including solution architecture, technical infrastructure, cloud computing, the software development process (SDLC), and user experience design, the Solution Architect will be assigned to small-medium delivery projects to architect and implement cutting-edge, user-friendly solutions that meet the customer's needs. The Solution Architect will determine which Accela Civic Platform technologies to leverage based upon customer requirements, product knowledge, industry experience and Accela methodologies.
The Solution Architect will also participate in the delivery of best practices, packaged solution libraries, delivery tool development, educational/training sessions, and industry events for existing customers, partners and to internal teams.
You are Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will…
- Understand the customer needs and establish the best solutions that address the technical and business requirements
- Always design with a focus on user experience
- Work closely with Delivery Managers, Consultants, Partners and directly with customers to architect technology solutions that meet the customer's needs
- Take ownership of the solutions from end to end, including architecting, testing, documenting, packaging and publishing
- Deliver redistributable packaged solutions to be used by customers all over the world
- Define best practices and delivery standards
- Mentor the project teams, enforce best practices and ensure all solutions deliver a positive user experience
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the customer and the project team
- Manage customer expectations and drive adoption of the solutions delivered
- Conduct architecture and technical workshops
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to productize proven packaged solutions
- Mentor and guide junior level Architects
We are Excited About You Because…
- You enjoy working closely across multiple organizations
- You have passion about mentorship and leadership
- You enjoy client interactions and have the technical abilities to be thought leaders in your field
- You prosper in challenging environments that drive your passion and knowledge
- You enjoy thinking through and designing solutions to meet client requirements
You know you're the right candidate if…
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of UI/UIX design thinking
- A good understanding of the architectural principles of cloud based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers
- Understanding of cloud offerings and ability to discuss cloud architectures
- A good understanding of enterprise application integration, data migration (ETL), business intelligence
- Architectural and development experience of Web Services, responsive web design and mobile apps
- Understanding of the principles of network, application and information security
- Ability to lead customer facing sessions that result in a clear understanding of the requirements
- Previous practitioner or implementation experience of the Accela Civic Platform
- Experience with a professional consulting organization (e.g. Big 5 consulting)
- Government domain knowledge and experience
- Excellent customer facing skills with the ability to explain technical items to non-technical users
Why You'll Love Working At Accela
Accela is a thought leader in GovTech and within this position you will be enabled to be right at the forefront of that innovation. You will get to work with implementation teams to truly revolutionize how government operates.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
For nearly 20 years, Accela has been an industry leader in designing and delivering government software to improve efficiency, increase citizen engagement and enable the development of thriving communities. Today, citizens are savvy to how services should be delivered, and expect a consistently convenient, openly transparent view into their local government. While government agencies struggle to do more with less, our mission has never been more critical.
Government software for today and the future
Accela provides a robust, cloud-based platform of government software solutions that accelerate growth, efficiency, and transparency in communities of all sizes. From planning, to building, to service request management and more, Accela's SaaS offerings level the playing field for small and medium governments and enable smaller agencies to leverage larger city technologies. Our open and flexible technology helps agencies address specific needs today, while ensuring they are well prepared for the emerging challenges of the future.
Technology for smart cities
It takes a complex ecosystem of government leaders, citizens, local businesses, and technology partners to create smart cities. Our platform of government software provides solutions for out-of-the-box implementation and are agile to accommodate future innovation and growth.
*Benefits and Perks
We provide all the typical benefits such as Medical, Dental, 401K with matching… please view the career page for specific information.
In addition, we also provide our workforce with:
- Hybrid Workplace
- Responsible Time Off
Agency submitted applicants will not be accepted except by approved vendors.
Job Type: Full-time