Job Title: Human Resource Program Manager
Reports to: VP of Customer Success
Location: Sacramento, CA
PuzzleHR is a national market leader in the fast growing HR as a Service (HRaaS) industry. We are seeking a Human Resource Program Manager to join us as we help companies leverage the power of Human Resources to deliver positive business results.
PuzzleHR offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pro-actively works with the HR Partners and Sales Teams to support human resources plans and practices for clients.
- Interacts on-site and remotely with clients to support provided services.
- Provides input and support for the preparation and maintaining of employee policies and procedures.
- Stays current in HR practices and key trends.
- Consistently reviews and inspects clients’ current-state to identify service opportunities and create client-facing initiatives.
- Identifies areas of opportunity related to internal processes and procedures; assists the team with the development and implementation.
- Maintains current knowledge of legal requirements as well as state and federal regulations which impact human resource functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Partners with key stakeholders on HR related processes and provides ongoing updates/reports.
- Effectively manages and executes client projects ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Maintains daily updates to internal system to record and track client initiative progress.
- Creates client-facing materials in support of our services.
- Actively participates in all department staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Ensures all employee matters are handled with consistency and fairness without discrimination.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
- Principles, practices and procedures of human resources administration associated with employment; compensation and classification; and employee development.
- Broad knowledge of all functions that reside under the HR umbrella.
- Legal requirements and federal and state regulations related to employment.
- Facilitation and presentation methods and techniques.
- Statistical methods and concepts and other analytical tools used in human resource processes.
- Recruiting, interviewing and candidate evaluation processes.
- Payroll systems and terminology.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Delivering clear and effective presentations.
- Analysis of a myriad of HR data and ability to draw conclusions based on the data.
- Interpret and apply state and federal statutes and applicable rules and regulations to moderately complex human resource issues and problems.
- Provide appropriate recommendations for resolution of simple/moderately complex employment and employee relations issues.
- Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with all organizational levels.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Keep all appropriate parties up-to-date on decisions, changes, and other relevant information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible human resources experience.
- Minimum five (5) years progressively responsible human resources experience.
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certification Preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel (when safe to do so).