A CNC machine tool Sales Engineer contributes to the success of Hartwig by establishing and building relationships with our existing CNC machine tool customer base as well as developing new business opportunities. The customers we serve are in a variety of industries and rely on the Hartwig team to provide the best manufacturing solutions and support to the machine tool industry. This full-time position is located in the Salt Lake City area and supports the Southern Utah territory. Main responsibilities include:
- Successfully selling CNC machine tools and engineering services by reaching or exceeding individual goals
- Developing and maintaining a strong working knowledge of the machine tool industry along with its products and services
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of competitor products and services
- Identifying customer needs and presenting solutions
- Managing critical projects through installation and ensuring optimal customer satisfaction through initial run-offs
- Facilitating on-going communication and up-to-date feedback between internal team and customers
- Maintaining strong collaborative relationships with all Hartwig departments
Individuals who ideally fit this role should meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Two or more years outside sales experience, preferably in industrial sales
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills, such as collaboration, listening, respect and work ethic, which lead to lasting and trusting relationships with team members and customers
- Strong project and time management skills with excellent attention to details
- Familiarity with sales CRM software
- Competitive drive, strong initiative and goal-oriented focus
- Ability to travel overnight occasionally
The Organization, The Team and Our Benefits
Hartwig's team of over 200 professionals throughout the U.S. is dedicated to helping manufacturers control and power the growth of their business. To achieve this, team members are given the tools and training for success. In addition to a comprehensive first year training program and on-going professional development, Hartwig provides a full benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances and a 401k with a contribution match.
Compensation is also a key element in your decision to join the Hartwig team. Sales team members enjoy a variety of incentive pay opportunities, are provided a company cell phone, laptop and car allowance.
With over 60 team members who have been with us 10 years or longer and over 12,000 installations since our founding in 1960, Hartwig has gained a reputation for superior service, integrity and support. We would be honored to have you consider joining our team.
Hartwig, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.