Do you enjoy influencing others on how they experience the world around them? As a Facebook Oculus VR & Portal Rep, you will interact with customers creating excitement by sharing the benefits of Facebook products. What other part-time job allows you to virtually travel the world, climb mountains, or interact with Zombies? Be a part of our team and let your customer-facing experience, product knowledge, and enthusiasm make you the champion and creator of sales opportunities for consumers at retail.
As a Brand Influencer you will be responsible for representing Facebook Oculus and Portal devices by visiting a retail location conducting demonstrations, driving sales, ensuring the product is being represented correctly, and ensuring relationships within the stores are developed and maintained. This long-term, part-time opportunity will be working approximately 15 hours per week on Saturday and Sunday.
- Be the Brand Champion; fully understand the features and benefits of Facebook products
- Increase the consumer sales through proactive engagement and demonstrations
- Engage retail sales associates and create excitement to increase rate of recommendation
- Maintain product displays and product functionality while in-store
- Reporting and intelligence regarding the program and retail marketing environment
- Obtain revenue per hour goals and earn incentives
- Display a professional demeanor while representing Facebook and BDS
- Strive to consistently meet sales goals and all program objectives.
- Respond to supervisor requests and correspondence in a timely fashion
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in customer service or sales promotion at retail
- Background in consumer electronics retail environment
- Must be willing to work weekends, including Black Friday
- Strong interest in technology and the ability to quickly learn new products and features
- Self-starter with a strong commitment to drive results
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, and outgoing personality that is comfortable in a competitive environment
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills
- Access to smart phone (iPhone or Android)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly sit, stand, walk, bend over, grasp, talk and/or hear, and drive
- Occasionally carrying and lifting office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Continuous hand/eye coordination and fine manipulation
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
BDS Connected Solutions. (“BDS”) is an equal opportunity employer in every aspect of employment, including but not limited to; selection, training, development and promotion of the most qualified candidates and employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. BDS is committed to equal employment opportunity in all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment that may not be covered in this statement. BDS is an at-will employer.
BDS Connected Solutions offers a complete suite of Connected Commerce solutions that blend Advocacy, Training, Retail, Virtual, Experiential, and Digital environments to influence the modern buyer, regardless of where they are on their shopping journey. Since 1985, BDS has been inspired by innovation; as we continue to evolve as a trendsetter in today’s disruptive market, we enable our clients to do the same. Our industry-leading experts never stop working to discover, design, and deploy custom buying solutions that empower brands to achieve and exceed their unique sales goals. BDS is headquartered in Irvine, California with regional offices in New York City, New York; Chicago, Illinois; and Columbus, Ohio. Visit us at www.BDSsolutions.com for more information.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Paid training
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location