CIVIC Financial Services is a private money lender, specializing in the financing of non-owner occupied residential investment properties. CIVIC has funded over $5.0 Billion in loans since its inception, providing Mortgage Brokers and Real Estate Investors with a fast, cost effective funding source for their real estate investment needs.
CIVIC is committed to creating a workplace where our people thrive, which translates into a culture of inclusion, recognition, and success for our teammates and clients alike. Since 2016, CIVIC has been recognized by Best Workplaces and Fortune as a Great Place to Work, and CIVIC’s employee engagement ranks among the top 5% of companies nationally.
Whether you are an entrepreneur, an innovator, a game changer, a creative, a problem-solver, a thinker, or an operator we have all kinds. CIVIC is the place for smart, ambitious, dedicated people who work hard and play nice.
Yes, our business is in real estate investing... but our greatest investment is in you!
The Deal Desk Associate is responsible for providing key support functions to enhance service, productivity and reporting of the Deal Desk. Will partner with teams in Sales and Operations in day-to-day deal resolution, provide guideline expertise, frontline holistic deal review and optimal structuring. Strategize with Deal Desk Manager, Account Executives and other departments. Analyze external/internal data and trends to influence improvements to Civic products, services and processes.
What you'll do:
- Provide assistance to Deal Desk Manager and/or Account Executives on quotes and deal structure approvals for varying levels of deal size and complexity.
- Manage and handle special projects.
- Ensure sales opportunities are correctly aligned with corporate goals and business objectives.
- Work collaboratively and build relationships across the organization with Sales, Operations and Capital Markets.
- Develop holistic underwriting approach and instincts.
- Develop proficiency in collateral analysis and effective collaboration with Valuations team.
- Understanding territories, market trends, zoning and types of properties.
- Maintain expert knowledge of underwriting guidelines for all Civic products.
- Present deals in a logical manner.
- Properly escalate deals in a timely manner and understand time sensitivity of deals.
- Coach Account Executives and other departments on deal analysis, structuring, pricing and other functions as necessary.
- Fine-tune existing processes and templates.
- Analyze data and create reports highlighting critical numbers, data points and opportunities for improvement.
- Create quick reference tools and resources
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited college required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mortgage origination, preferably 3+ years in private/hard money lending space. Experience in a sales environment preferred.
- Demonstrated comprehension of mortgage underwriting concepts.
- Experience with Encompass a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan products, loan documents, and loan funding requirements
- Knowledge of real estate documentation, underwriting policies, and compliance
- Strong initiative and ownership of responsibilities
- Excellent internal and external customer/client relations
- Ability to respond professionally in high-pressure situations and work productively
- Critical thinker with a desire to create solutions
- Ability to adapt and embrace change
- Stays abreast on macro events, state-specific laws, regulations, and closing processes
- Works well in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
We have a strong focus on going above and beyond when it comes to caring for our team members and our communities. In addition to traditional benefits like health insurance, 401K matching, casual Fridays, paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, we’re proud to offer these unique and enriching work perks:
- Celebrations: When we say we “work hard and play hard,” we mean it! We like to celebrate often via onsite, offsite, and virtual happy hours, themed parties, parking lot BBQ's, milestone ceremonies, birthday gift cards, and Workout Tuesdays (to name a few).
- Investments: As we are in the lending space, we believe we should consistently and frequently invest in our CIVIC team. We support our teammates in paying off student debts and invest in your education with a tuition reimbursement program.
- Flexible Work Environment: Work-life balance is important. We work with you to determine the best work style for you and CIVIC.
- Office Life: We like to make sure that when you are in the office, you are well fed and can access the resources you need. Our kitchens are stocked with snacks and beverages, and we have created an office spaces dedicated to collaboration, focus time, creativity while ensuring team members safety.
- Education: Every other Tuesday, we encourage our team to take “900 Seconds of Genius" to focus on a passion project or topic that helps them grow. We offer an online curriculum of courses through our own CIVIC University. We also created programs to support you and your manager in career development discussions.
- #CIVICCares Initiative: From beach cleanups, food and clothing drives, building homes for Habitat for Humanity, to volunteer hours, CIVIC provides several opportunities throughout the year for our team to step outside the office, bond, and come together to give back to our local communities.
CIVIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.