To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Enterprise Security Engineer- Applications (Multiple levels- Engineer, Senior Engineer, Lead Engineer)Enterprise Security Engineer- Applications (Multiple levels- Engineer, Senior Engineer, Lead Engineer)
Are you a security professional passionate about translating technical risks into balanced guidance for a diverse workforce? Are you inspired by innovating pragmatic solutions for security challenges across a broad range of enterprise application platforms and products? Do you get excited about enabling an effective security program at scale?
Salesforce uses our products/services extensively for internal use. Enterprise Security is seeking Application Security Engineers to provide security assurance and of these products/services; that serves our rapidly expanding workforce. In this
role, you will partner closely with technology and business partners to understand their bjectives, identify threats, and scale our enterprise security programs. You will collaborate with our Business and IT organizations and champion security requirements in the selection, development, and integration of a wide range of technologies. You will also have the opportunity to identify emerging threats and design new processes that balance security and business agility across Salesforce.
At Salesforce Trust is our #1 value. We are looking for a team player who can contribute and grow alongside an established and experienced team of technical security professionals. Are you interested in becoming part of an innovative, business-centric security team that focuses on preventing and remediating risk to the organization?
- Perform security assessments (design reviews, code reviews, penetration tests) of enterprise applications, providing guidance on aligning with security requirements, vulnerability remediation steps, and hardening improvements
- Review internal use of Salesforce products/services, integrations, and add-ons/extensions
- Review internal use of third party software (e.g., desktop applications, mobile applications)
- Author Secure by Design and security review best practices
- Improve the Corporate and IT secure software development lifecycle (SDLC), delivering security guidance to engineers in language they understand, mentoring security champions, and contributing to security training materials
- Use your communication skills to partner at all levels in the organization. Possess the ability to communicate concisely, clearly, and intelligently to partners from a variety of backgrounds, including those who are non-technical
- 3+ years experience in an application security engineer/security assurance role (Experience varies by role level)
- Experience conducting enterprise design reviews, code reviews, and penetration tests
- Experience identifying and protecting against web application and web service security vulnerabilities including those found in the OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25
- Experience protecting against infrastructure and cloud service provider security vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of attack frameworks, browser security model, applied cryptography, enterprise software, and agile development practices
- Experience creating threat models and data flow diagrams
- Past work experience with SDLC practices, DevOps, or security champion programs
- Knowledge of Salesforce platforms and development practices on Salesforce, Heroku, Mulesoft, and/or Tableau
- Familiarity with static analysis and code quality tools like Semgrep, SourceGraph, PMD, CodeQL
- Contributions to the security community such as research, public CVEs, bug-bounty recognitions, open-source projects, and blogs or publications
- Highly motivated, driven to overcome obstacles and execute on provided objectives
- Industry certifications such as OSCP, OSWE, GWAPT, GPEN or similar
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work for six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.