R.F. MacDonald Co.’s in Fresno, CA is hiring for an Outside Sales Engineer to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for proactively calling on contractors, specifying engineers and end-users to develop long-term relationships and generate sales prospects. The expectation is that Outside Sales Engineers will be out of the office three to four days per week and in the office one to two days per week for meetings and to complete necessary paperwork.
- Determine client’s needs, and develop and execute an account/system specific solution.
- Provide equipment selections and technical detail to engineers, contractors and end-users.
- Prepare proposals and submittals.
- Advise customers and RFM team on technical questions/issues.
- Assist with coordination of equipment purchases with vendors.
- Provides project management support over the duration of a project.
- Maintain personal data quality in the company’s CRM system.
- Works with the administrative personnel to process needed paperwork for vendors and customers.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, engineering technology, or equivalent from a four-year college or university is preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with HVAC systems, steam theory, controls, and/or technical sales.
- Good knowledge in appraising the customer’s needs for the sale of various products including hydronic and steam boilers and other equipment in a hydronic system (pumps, expansion tanks, buffer tanks, air separators, chemical pot feeders) or steam system (deaerators/boiler feed systems, blowdown separators, water softeners and chemical feed systems).
- Must be willing to further their knowledge in these areas and any others that will be applicable to the Company’s growth.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to present on technical topics to contractor and engineer audiences.
- Strong language skills as well as industry specific vocabulary.
- Computer skills. Must be proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM (our contact management program).
A valid driver's license is required. Must be insurable with no major infractions. Job will require some travel.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in both a professional office environment and in internal and external environments which may include inclement weather conditions. Travel to customer job sites is required, which may include outdoor work and/or work in mechanical/equipment rooms. During the site visits, the employee may be exposed to variable weather conditions; moving mechanical parts; heights, and other variable environmental conditions based on location.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This position is not entirely a deskbound role; however, filing, correlating, reproduction and binding materials are required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, climb stairs, and prepare training and meeting rooms/spaces as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional travel work as job duties demand.
Travel is required for this position to customer sites with out-of-area and possible overnight travel expected. Travel is occasional to all RFMCo. office locations within its operating cities, with out-of-area and overnight travel expected.