Do you relish the prospect of working with cutting-edge cloud security systems?
Would providing consultancy to influence customers Internet strategies excite you?
Join our prestigious Professional Services team
Our Professional Services team is a group of Internet technologists and Security experts that support top customers across various verticals globally. We design and implement web, network and security solutions to make the Internet work fast, intelligent and secure. The global security services team utilizes their security expertise to deploy industry-leading solutions to protect our customers applications, data and infrastructure, and deliver exceptional customer experiences.
Partner with the best
As a Security Consultant, you will be the primary security services contact to ensure the successful integration and ongoing support of our customers on our platform. Acting as a trusted consultant in this growing, rewarding and high-profile area you will learn and implement creative solutions to help customers fully leverage Akamais security products and achieve the desired outcome.
As a Security Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring customer success by understanding requirements, leveraging best practices and offering consulting services that meet customer needs
- Collaborating with integrated account team to evaluate customer web architecture, develop and deliver long-term security strategy and cloud solutions
- Working with security experts to solve technical problems, demonstrating Akamais value, and communicating effectively with all audiences
- Participating in training and projects contributing to best practices, maximizing efficiency, and improving methodology and service quality
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, another related field or its equivalent.
- Have excellent communication skills and an ability to build trusting relationships with customers
- Show experience in a customer-facing role within the information technology industry
- Be familiar with security technology, process and concepts, security event management, or security compliance
- Demonstrate knowledge of project management concepts and techniques
- Have some knowledge of implementation concepts that deal with web development, IT systems or security practice
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
We are happy to discuss flexible working options in this role, please discuss your requirements with the recruiter when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, were curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, youll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams build progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. The range for this position starts at $82,000/yr. Akamai offers competitive compensation packages which are dependent on the position offered, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.