The Cloud, Inside Solutions Architect (Cloud ISA) is a presales resource that leads the consultative discovery of the client’s business goals, objectives, and challenges, and then translates them into effective technology solutions in form of proposals.
The primary objective of the C-ISA is to increase the growth of Cloud solutions (IaaS, SaaS) revenue and margin comprised of Cloud services. To drive growth, the C-ISA will rely on a combination of joint account planning; partner teaming (internal & external); client relationship building, technical discovery, assessments, business discussions; engagement/solution development; and implementation oversight and follow-up.
Your primary responsibility as a Cloud ISA would be to architect and sell cloud solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure & M365) as well as acting as a consultant and subject matter expert for clients and Zones’ sales teams with some supervision.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Cloud - Inside Solutions Architect is primarily responsible for:
- Own the technical relationship with assigned small/mid-market accounts.
- Conducts conference calls and performs Azure related assessments.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert related to O365 and Microsoft Cloud technologies for small/mid-market level customer migration projects.
- Works with AM’s to fulfill RFQ and RFP as requested.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and deep understanding of client’s IT related business goals and challenges through presentations to ensure proper translation of the client’s needs into cloud solutions.
- Maintain a deep technical knowledge of Microsoft data center technologies including Active Directory, Office 365, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, Microsoft Intune/Autopilot/EMS and Windows Servers.
- Build value-added relationships within the domain of the account to become the trusted advisor.
- Prepare proposals and cloud service pricing estimates.
- Provide oversight for coordination, delivery and quality of post-sales Technology Solutions deliverables within the domain of the account which may include items such as migration impacts, architectural diagrams, and proposal inputs.
- Responsible for developing and proposing technology solutions that meet customers' needs.
- Ensure that proposed solutions (when implemented) meet the needs and functional requirements of the customer.
- Sell solutions across cloud technology lifecycle (Assess, Design, implement and Manage).
- Keep pipeline, forecast, time and billing, project and activity reporting current based with defined tools and meeting submittal deadlines.
- Maintain certifications necessary to enable Zones to resell the products and maintain the highest level of vendor rebates and secure the lowest cost.
- Develop a deep understanding of Zones’ services catalog, specifically cloud solution offerings.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills:
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field or equivalent experience
- Professional-level technical or higher is required from major manufacturers.
- M365 fundamental certification, preferably MCSA at a minimum or higher
- Minimum of 2-4 years in an IT implementation and/or support role with at least 1 year in either an inside/customer facing presales systems engineer role or field/customer facing presales systems engineer role.
- Proficient knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services in general and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model.
- Candidate should have knowledge of available options and benefits gained by implementing Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings.
- Resource should be experienced with deploy, configure, secure, manage, and monitor devices and client applications in an enterprise environment.
- One needs to design and implement a device strategy that meets the business needs of a modern organization.
- Candidate must be familiar with Microsoft 365 workloads and must be proficient and experienced in deploying, configuring, and maintaining Windows 10 and non-Windows devices and technologies.
- One should have sound knowledge of Microsoft 365 tenant management tasks for an enterprise, including its identities, security, compliance, and supporting technologies.
- Candidate must have working knowledge of Microsoft 365 workloads and should have been an administrator for at least one Microsoft 365 workload (Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business, Windows as a Service).
- Candidate should also have a working knowledge of networking, server administration, and IT fundamentals such as DNS, Active Directory, and PowerShell.
- Should be proficient in Microsoft identity and Microsoft Graph.
- General knowledge on UI elements (including Adaptive Cards and UI Fabric), integration points (including Microsoft Teams, Office Add-ins, SharePoint Framework, Actionable Messages), and determining workload platform targets.
- One should have experience developing solutions on Microsoft Teams, Office Add-ins, or SharePoint Framework through all phases of software development.
- Candidate should also have fundamental knowledge of offerings, optimizing licensing for cost effectiveness, and support options for organizations.
Technology Focus & Requirements
- Business understanding including costing, P&L and pricing.
- Experience implementing solutions that cover on prem and cloud solutions.
- Solid understanding on MS cloud solution’s SaaS, O365 migration.
- O365 Tenant migration assessment.
- O365 Readiness assessment.