Bigbelly is the world leader in Smart Waste & Recycling solutions. Our 100% solar-powered Smart Waste stations are designed to dramatically increase the operational efficiency of our customers, create clean, safe, and beautiful public spaces, and achieve measurable sustainability through GHG emissions reduction and community recycling programs. Our products leverage IoT technologies, incorporating both new and traditional manufacturing processes & materials.
We are looking for an Account Manager to maintain existing business and nurture long-term growth relationships with our current clients, support business development and sales to onboard new customers, and serve as the interface between the Customer Support and Sales teams. With a strong knowledge of the features and technical aspects of the Bigbelly system, the Account Manager will help customers realize the full potential of their Bigbelly deployments. A successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with different work groups and departments to improve customer support and enhance customer satisfaction. The Account Manager provides oversight, coordination, and execution of problem resolution to ensure customers are fully satisfied with Bigbelly’s products and services. In this role, you should be an excellent communicator, able to grasp customer needs and develop creative ways to fulfill them.
The Account Manager will assist the company to safeguard our revenue and retain our customers through alerting the sales team to opportunities for further sales within key clients; through letting customers know about other products the company offers, attending meetings with clients to build relationships with existing accounts and addressing customer concerns and complaints. This role will manage and develop customer accounts to initiate and maintain favorable relationships with clients and liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs.
- Keep current clients satisfied through delivery of exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Develop open and effective channels of communication with each client that can be employed by other departments as well
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Act as point of contact for complaints and escalate issues as appropriate
- Become the reliable point of contact for each customer that is required to establish a strong business relationship
- Clearly communicate the progress of projects and initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor and analyze customer’s usage of our product
- Customize as appropriate the optimal service and support solutions for each key customer.
- Support and work with the Sales team to onboard and integrate new clients and developing existing client relationships
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g., sales, engineers, senior management) to address customers’ needs
- Coordinate internal projects and determine the best utilization of resources to increase customer satisfaction
- Encourage revenue growth by inspiring clients to better utilize their assets they own, expand their footprints and purchase accessories and additional services.
- Ensure both the company and clients adhere to contract terms
- Manage Service Provider network within customer base.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhance department and organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Qualifications and Experience
- Be a fast learner in basic Bigbelly product knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of customer service, account management or sales experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate credibly and effectively
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability, and maturity
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks and work independently while traveling and in a team environment.
- Travel requirement ~20%
- Challenging Careers: Work with industry leading technology, alongside the smartest people, for some of the largest cities in the world.
- Great Work Environment: Open office space, dynamic culture, paid vacation & company holidays.
- Compensation & Benefits: Competitive compensation. Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life insurance coverage, plus 401(k) with company match.
- Opportunity to Give Back: Two paid volunteer days per year to spend out in the community with your organization of choice.
Bigbelly is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Based in Needham, MA