Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist, Life Sciences
Territory: Mid-Atlantic, US (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland)
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Scientific Production Chemicals and Services is an extension of our biopharmaceutical customers’ supply chain management team, offering customers a range of cGMP raw materials and supply chain services that can dramatically improve our customer’s ability to manufacture life-changing therapeutics. We understand the minor and major implications that affect the biopharmaceutical production chemical and raw material space that can negatively impact our customer ability to get to market quickly. Ultimately, we help our customers’ mitigate risk, increase productivity, reduce costs, and achieve the highest quality standards so they can focus on what matters most – developing and manufacturing life changing therapeutics.
The Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for sales, account management, and developing new business for the Life Sciences business segment product lines and/or services throughout a specified territory for the production chemical channel.
What will you do?
- Manage and grow existing accounts by selling process chemicals and associated chemical management services following cGMP standards.
- Develop new business at new and existing accounts for process chemicals and or supply chain services that support development & manufacturing.
- Build customer relationships that enhance our position and profitability.
- Partner with manufacturer sales representatives and develop key strategic pipeline targets to aid business development.
- Identify & Develop new emerging account targets along with identify new products, services, and vendors to expand product portfolio.
- Responsible for meeting standard work objectives and revenue goals for assigned territory.
- Routinely engage with cross functional teams within Thermo Fisher.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in appropriate specialty (preference for Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Engineering or Life Sciences).
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 2+years of proven business development, sales and closing experience. A strong understanding of chemistry and the Life Science industry to be able to serve as a resource for our clients and effectively present information to engineers, managers and purchasing agents/managers.
- Demonstrated sustained success in territory and sustained success of pipeline management as well as the ability to shorten and improve the selling cycle.
- Proficient computer skills (including Microsoft Office –Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, CRM, and spreadsheet analysis).
- Willingness and availability to travel overnight up to 10% to visit customers, supplier facilities, and attend trade shows.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Self-motivated individual who is results-oriented and customer-focused.
- Demonstrated business development success.
- Demonstrated large account management skills.
- Presentation skills to convey technical information to small and large groups.
- Demonstrate key project management skills and ability to work in consultative team approach with multiple key elements in order to bring projects to completion.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.