Route Sales Representative - Grocery Sales Division
Thursday, July 8, 2021
Please ensure sure your internet browser is updated to the latest version. Candidates have experienced issues with submitting applications from older browser versions.
Travel Required: Daily travel between company location and customer establishments
Community Coffee Company is the #1 family-owned and operated retail coffee brand in America. Rooted in family and tradition, yet always looking to the future, you can expect a fast-paced environment that is both challenging and rewarding. Join us and make your passion your profession!
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Drives vehicle to sell and deliver products, equipment and supplies to customer to achieve financial targets for route profitability
- Sells promotional/marketing activities to gain displays, additional shelf space and premium positioning in stores
- Maintains proper selection and inventory of products for each customer
- Records and maintains sales and delivery information in handheld computer and adjusts information as necessary
- Provides superior customer service to all accounts
- Rotates products according to established company standards to ensure freshness
- Monitors and collects funds from delinquent accounts
- Collects money from customer and responsible for route’s daily bank deposits
- Responsible for the proper loading of product into assigned vehicles. Unloads product and equipment from vehicle. Checks orders for accuracy
- Participates in special events to promote the company's products and services
- Cleans truck and performs routine vehicle maintenance (checking fluid levels and tire pressure, etc.)
- May be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- One year of relevant customer sales and service experience
- Route sales and cold calling experience in DSD environment preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid Driver’s license required; A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) required for vehicles 26,000 lbs or greater
- Acceptable driving record
- DOT medical certification required
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Team oriented
- Frequently required to sit and occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Must be able to frequently lift 40 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Field Sales Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be moderately loud in warehouse areas.
- Job Family
- Job Function
- Pay Type
- Required Education