The Interior Supervisor is responsible for developing quotes for future scheduled interior work as well as drop-in interior work. He/She will also develop, implement and evaluate interior projects for scheduled and drop-in work. This individual will also communicate directly with the customer regarding interior work on their aircraft and assisting them on making purchasing decisions. This is an exempt, full time, salaried position.
REPORTING RESPONSIBILITY: Director of Maintenance
- Understand Interior Department short-term goals and assist Manager in implementing these throughout the crews.
- Ensure that all Federal Regulations, manufacturer’s recommendations, as required, and all Company established procedures are adhered to by Senior Crew Leaders, Leads and technicians within the Interior Department.
- Ensure that Crews are performing interior functions within Company established quality and safety standards.
- Assist Manager with development and implementation of Interior Department policies and procedures and implementation and enforcement amongst Crews.
- Assist Senior Crew Leads to develop interior projects, implement and evaluation upon completion of interior work for scheduled interior projects.
- Assist Sales Managers, Department Managers and Senior Crew Leads with scheduling aircraft for scheduled interiors work.
- Participate in interiors department meetings and discuss interior projects.
- Ensure safety practices of Interior crews.
- Assist and develop sales quotes for potential interior projects. Review these with Sales Managers and Department Manager and propose to customer.
- Develop sales quote for drop-in interior work. Review with customer and finalize agreement for work to be performed.
- Assist Department Manager and Sales Managers in the final agreements for quotes and process signed quote.
- Coordinate work to be performed and assist with decisions concerning Chief Inspector, Director of Maintenance, Project Supervisor and Crew Leaders.
- Assist Crew Leaders to determine corrective action needed for aircraft based on repairability and cost effectiveness.
- Assist Crew Leaders and Project Supervisor in making changes to maintenance project plan and implement the changes.
- Develop the interior projects. Determine and manage the following:
- Parts needed for quoted maintenance.
- Manpower and schedule manpower needs through out project.
- Script the interior project schedule and discuss with Senior Crew Leaders.
- Coordinate with other Department Managers service functions for the interior project.
JOB DUTIES CONT.:
- Communicate the interior project plan with Senior Crew Leader and assist them in project implementation.
- Assist Senior Crew Leaders in answering technical questions regarding aircraft interior including researching and determining best way to complete interior projects/squawks.
- Research special parts needed for interior project with vendors. Make a decision about which special parts to purchase and secure the purchase of the special part.
- Communicate with Parts Clerk and Senior Crew Leader specific information needed regarding special parts, purchase, delivery, and warranty items of the part.
- When needed, obtain signature from customer for purchasing of the special part. Assist Parts Clerk in the purchasing of the special part and coordinating on-time delivery.
- Communicate with Customers regarding interior project, problems that arise during visit, special parts purchasing, and other items that arise during event. This could include informing the customer of squawk items and selling them our services to perform the necessary interior work.
- Assist customers with questions regarding additional and future service for their aircraft. Communicate these needs with Department Manager and Sales Managers and have them assist in the sales of future services.
- Upon completion of Interior Project, conduct a project evaluation debrief and ensure the Customer Survey Form is completed. Receive feedback from Senior Crew Leaders, Leads, Department Manager, Sales Manager, Parts Clerk, Customer (determine which of these individuals you need to receive feedback from). Develop a list of items for future interior projects and disperse feedback to respective parties.
- Active participant in FAA Drug and Alcohol program as both supervisor and employee status.
- Perform all other duties and assignments as requested by Management.
- A&P Licenses preferred but not required.
- At least 10 years advanced interiors experience on multiple aircraft types.
- At least 3 years experience as a Leader on multiple aircraft types.
- Associate degree in Aviation Management or Bachelor degree in Aviation Management or Business preferred, but not required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Possess positive leadership skills and have at least 3 years experience using leadership and management skills with both interior projects and employees.
- Ability to motivate, lead and train others.
- Ability to make sound business decisions and execute these decisions.
- Ability to communicate both in verbally and in writing to co-workers and customers.
- Ability to understand costs of various products and services to develop interior quotes.