Territory Sales Manager
Candidate can be located in Michigan, Wisconsin, or Chicago area
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive.
We believe diversity drives business success and is the foundation for our growth. We welcome different backgrounds and skills that enrich our community and we promote a place where we can ALL be ourselves. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Position Title: Territory Sales Manager
Reports To: VP, IS Sales
Would you be interested in leading the sales team for one of the leading companies in the industrial field? Konecranes is looking for an experienced sales individual that possesses professional and leadership qualities. Becoming a Territory Sales Manager will allow you to handle all aspects of the sales department and oversee your sales team. You will also provide leadership for all territory sales resources and direct sales activities with a primary focus on team sales performance, individual sales target achievement, sales resource development, business development activities and local level key account responsibilities. The Territory Sales Manager is expected to review and direct pricing policies, oversee the renewal of contracts and obtaining new contracts as well. The qualified candidate for this position will also have the opportunity to research market and competitive information and provide insights for improvement within Konecranes.
- Responsible for directing and managing the sales efforts of the existing sales staff. The primary focus is to sustain consistent performance in new contact sales activities and insure adequate sales efforts are being conducted in all service market areas on new account activities.
- Responsible for overseeing and training on the CRM tool for all branch and territory personnel. A primary focus is ensuring that all sales and managerial resources are using the tool to manage our customer relationships and keeping activities up to date monthly.
- Responsible for holding weekly coaching sessions with all sales resources to ensure they are meeting sales requirements and expectations as well as developing individual action plans in conjunction with branch manager to get back on track if needed.
- Responsible for administering the target marketing programs and determining the sales strategies at specific accounts.
- Developing and mentoring the existing sales resources in sales follow up, sales calls, closing techniques and general sales presentation skills.
- Responsible for overseeing, collecting and reporting the Key Account activity reports from the sales personnel regularly and reporting on a monthly basis to the VP, IS Sales.
- Responsible for overseeing, collecting and reporting on the Business Review activities and the results. To include a copy of the presentations, electronic file of the graphs used, and the follow up document report.
- Submittal of a monthly Rush Report. This report includes a 3 month forecast of sales and orders, sales quotation levels by SP's, key orders, quotes, and lost orders. This report is to be done in cooperation with the operations manager and submitted jointly for month end.
- Responsible for interviewing new technicians and sales trainees in cooperation with the operations manager.
- Participation in monthly management meetings to review status of the business. Specific areas of concern may be addressed for evaluation and some preparation and study may be required.
- Jointly responsible for insuring the service operations are providing quality services and administering management to our existing policies handbook.
- Decisions regarding billing issues, questionable warranty or goodwill issues will be the collective responsibility of the management team. All credits over $1,000, permanent C.O.D. status, and sending accounts to collection are to be discussed with the Regional Manager.
- Responsible for generating the sales required to meet the budgeted sales by SP’s and overseeing the process of service sales and follow ups from inspections.
- Responsible for completing the required paperwork on all orders booked and insuring all sales personnel are also held responsible. (The person who closes the order is the one who should fill out the basic information for processing.) All forms must be completed accurately and completely.
- Responsible for overseeing the resolution of all customer complaints to the satisfaction of the customer and in the best interest of Konecranes.
- Participate in the renewal of annual contracts after sufficient efforts have been made by the inspectors. A monthly report on the renewal status, new contracts, no of units, etc. is to be received from the service manager (where present) or compiled by the VP, IS Sales for the month end Rush report.
- Review and direct the pricing policies and CM2 levels for all service activities with the Operations Manager as needed. Company objectives for CM2 by SP are established and the VP, IS Sales is responsible for insuring the quotation levels are sufficient for any new contracts or customers to sustain the required minimums on a monthly basis. (Quote levels to existing customers thru the service personnel are the primary responsibility of the Operations and Service Managers.)
- Participate in annual and strategic business development issues.
- Provide market and competitive information periodically.
- Responsible for hiring and firing decisions of sales personnel. These decisions must be discussed with the Regional Manager before proceeding.
- Responsible for resolving credit or billing problems the Branch teams or Operations Management has not been able to resolve.
- Responsible for all elements included in the Sales Representatives job description. This details the sales objectives and marketing programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years experience as a manager in service related sales or operations, however, equivalent experience, education, and training will be considered. Must have demonstrated leadership experience, well-developed “people” skills, a basic understanding of mechanical and electrical principles, good written and verbal communication skills and good PC skills.
Other Requirements: Must have and maintain a good driving record. Must be willing to travel as required including overnight and international.
- KC #monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes, Inc. and its affiliates will not accept resumes from external recruiters or agencies without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission. Any resumes sent without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission with Konecranes, Inc. are void of any fees and free for internal use. Applicable Konecranes data protection obligations are the responsibility of the agency.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,900 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category.
Nearest Major Market: Waukesha
Nearest Secondary Market: Milwaukee