Are you ready to put your skills to work in a dynamic and growing company? Are you passionate about technology and want to see video, imagery, and data come to life on big electronic canvases? Are you ready to make a difference and assist us as we help shape the way people think about and use digital signage now and into the future?
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to build features, design and implement API methods, and improve the performance and reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale product offerings for our customers.
An ideal candidate is self-directed, collaborates well in an agile team, and is excited about developing technology solutions for customers across all verticals. He / She ensures simplicity, reliability and security of systems through all decisions.
What You’ll Do:
- Extend and enhance ecommerce capabilities to empower internal stakeholders and customers
- Brainstorm with engineers, product teams, business users such as sales, production and others to conceptualize and build new features for our rapidly growing user base
- Collaborate with content (web) teams and patterns to help deliver the best user experience possible
- Produce high-quality results by contributing heavily to team projects that have a significant impact on the business
- Responsible for lifecycle management of systems and their availability
- Collaborate with support and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues
- Establish and maintain coding standards, tooling and processes
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Design and implement robust security practices into systems to ensure protection of confidential and proprietary information
Who You’ll Work With:
- IT operations and applications staff – communicate infrastructure, database needs, setup/configuration, and application issues/resolutions to support applications
- Work as a team with both IT and functional personnel on projects or coordination with departments and/or applications
- Functional Managers/Leads – communicate in business terms issues, resolutions, and workarounds
- Has both internal and external contacts, with the majority being internal to the company. Contacts may also be at a remote location. Contacts are a result of regular and on-going duties which will take place primarily by phone/email, but will also occur in meeting and in person.
- External partners and application providers – discuss technical issues, necessary modifications, and timelines
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of experience building and supporting web applications
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and query optimization. Experience with PostgreSQL is a plus
- Experience developing API methods to enable integration of applications with services such as Salesforce, Microsoft D365, CSS and PLM
- Working knowledge of source code version control management and related tools such as GitHub
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers
- Good knowledge of testing principles. Maintain code quality through writing automated tests and perform code reviews
What You’ll Need to Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or better in a technical discipline (e.g. CS, CIS, Engineering)
- Experience building large-scale, enterprise-grade web applications
- Experience integrating with third-party web services such as payment gateways, shipping vendors, Salesforce, etc.
- Experience with PCI DSS compliance
- Experience with Cloud services such as Azure, AWS or Google
- Familiarity with front-end web development languages (Java, HTML5, CSS3), frameworks (Ember, Angular), and build tools (gulp), extensions such as SASS and LESS
- Experience with Server side technologies such as NGINIX, APACHE and J2EE
- Experience with administration of LDAP and network gateways
Planar Systems is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time