Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We're growing and we're looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
As a Sales Engineer, you'll partner with our Sales and Client Management teams to help close the technical sale of new client opportunities. This will be done thru thoughtful creation, recommendation, and acceptance of payment solutions that meet client's business and technical payments needs. The Sales Engineer will also be the "voice of the customer" when providing feedback to Product Managers, Technology Leads, and other internal groups on new functions and feature enhancements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support various Sales channels and Client Management teams by gathering the full scope of customer business and technical payments requirements
- SME of MerchantE products, APIs, features, and services and how they create value for customers
- Trusted advisor to both clients and internal stakeholders while demonstrating knowledge of MerchantE products, services, payments industry expertise
- Close the technical sale for new client opportunities by providing technical demonstrations and presentations on MerchantE payment solutions that illustrate value proposition and benefits of the solution
- Document and deliver technical process flows and procedures to clients to ensure a smooth, successful integration/implementation of MerchantE payment products, features, and services
- Dedicated point of contact to lead clients thru integration and certification into the MerchantE platform
- Lead multiple, complex client engagements that may involve multiple project teams
- Support re-certification efforts for existing clients required to upgrade their payment integration to comply with new Card Association/Network mandates
- Collaborate with other areas of the organization (such as Product Management and Sales Enablement) to incorporate new products, features, and services into the MerchantE payment solution portfolio
- Assist Sales and Client Management teams with incoming client RFPs, RFIs, and SOWs
- Manage and maintain listing of clients that are certified to the MerchantE payment platform
- Liaison between clients, Sales, and Client Management teams to Product Management to identify trends and gaps within the MerchantE solution portfolio
- 3+ years of experience within the Payments Industry
- 3+ years relevant experience as a Technical/Solution/Presales Engineer or Architect, Product Development, or Consulting
- Knowledge and understanding of key components in the payments ecosystem: gateways, acquirers, processors, issuers, etc.
- Understanding of payments solutions and workflows specific to card-not-present payments environment: APIs, SDKs, plug-ins, shopping carts, hosted payments pages, etc.
- Understanding of payments solutions and workflows specific to card-present payments environment: APIs, SDKs, middleware, semi-integrated EMV solutions, etc.
- Experience with NetSuite ERP
- Embrace, and constantly work with, a client-first mindset
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage own time in a deadline-driven environment with a high level of attention to detail
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders of varying technical and management backgrounds
- Comfortable managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with changing requirements
- Focus on the 'Why' just as much as the 'How'
- Able to effectively set clear and reasonable expectations
- Possess great problem-solving skills: a demonstrated ability to identify issues, determine root cause and solutions, and know when to rely on internal resources to assist
- Enthusiastic and proactive in response and delivery to stakeholders
- Proactively takes ownership of new work and applying solutions to challenges
MerchantE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Job Type: Full-time