Career Area:Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Retail Aftermarket Services Representative
Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides services to our customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. We leverage connected equipment and our decades of application expertise to enhance customer performance. Caterpillar's Construction Industries Services Division (CISD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. By enhancing customer value, Caterpillar and our dealers create the opportunity to profitably grow our businesses while reducing the impact of market cycles.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent, and money because they drive value for our customers, our company, and our dealers. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed and want to be part of growing services, now is a great time to join CISD.
JOB PURPOSE: Drive revenue and growth for the aftermarket solutions business (to incl. parts, service, worktools, reman) in line with industry strategy in the assigned territory, communicated targets and by following established sales processes focused on the end customer. This will be achieved in close collaboration with the respective dealer(s) where the incumbent under direction of ASR management will provide leadership, guidance and counsel to optimize dealer’ sales force and sales processes effectiveness, in addition to leveraging opportunity management systems and processes to Caterpillar’s benefit, while recognizing and respecting independence of dealer.
- Deliver, in collaboration with the other verticals, to the annual total Retail business plan for the assigned dealer territories (shared goal).
- In collaboration with assigned dealers develop and implement aftermarket solutions industry account plans for assigned high-opportunity customer accounts. Adopt and be an advocate for sales funnel management methods.
- Collaborate with industries to identify customer accounts for growth
- Develop aftermarket solutions growth opportunities & execute approved targeted marketing campaigns
- Optimize parts sales variance utilization within assigned budget to drive incremental top line revenue and deliver business plan.
- Drive regular sales performance reviews with dealers and ensure implementation of corrective actions where needed.
- Track opportunity, participation and close rates and report VOC/VOD in the CRM system. Develop local action plans, leveraging CRM and Customer Insights, to attack lost sales.
- Seek understanding, document and communicate internally on customer requirements, business models, competitive landscape and other market intelligence to ensure product groups and other entities are aware of product & customer needs.
- Partner with dealers’ Parts & Service Sales Managers and their PSSR/ISR/Parts Counter organization to influence sales force effectiveness.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improving aftermarket solutions sales management, marketing, and operational capabilities at assigned dealers.
- Drive customer connectivity as an enabler to business
- Interact with Caterpillar global or regional account management to achieve growth of aftermarket solutions goals with specific customers (as applicable).
- Keep up to date with industry trends, changing technology and market regulations in countries covered
- Manage the T&E budget
- Partner with & influence other internal parties to ensure general customer needs are met for an effective commercial relationship
- Understand Caterpillar’s business model and act within the business process guidance on review and approval for variance programs and commercial actions.
- 4-year College or University Degree required
- Prior experience in field assignments (such as MSOR, ASR, etc) are required
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Candidate will demonstrate the ability to work independently and to communicate effectively with others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers
- Candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work on increasingly more complex assignments
- Remote locations will be considered for this role within the Eastern region territory
- Relocation assistance is provided for this role; candidate must relocate within Eastern territory defined for this role with targeted locations of Nashville, TN, Cary, NC, Atlanta, GA
- Travel for this role will be 25 - 50%
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world. Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company,
Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/CareersRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .