The primary responsibility for the CRA Officer is to ensure that Rockland Trust Bank has a presence in social and civic organizations. The employee will also be responsible for referring all MHP One loans to the VP Sales Manager as well as counseling potential buyers on how to qualify for a loan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend and/or teach 20 to 25 First Time Home Buyer classes per year in all of Blue Hills Bank lending areas. This is includes but not limited to developing curriculum and preparing content for FTHB classes.
- Represent RTC at Meet the Lenders conferences in the Boston Metro Area. This includes educating potential home buyers about Massachusetts Housing Partnership and MassHousing and other RTC mortgage product offerings. Will be expected to attend a minimum of four sessions annually.
- Attend annual board meetings, special conferences, and civic charity events for any organizations connected with the Bank or that the Bank would like to develop a relationship.
- Actively source new avenues and organizations that could benefit the Bank or lead to future business in regards to first time homebuyers, down payment assistance or other civic programs.
- Act as an educator for the Massachusetts Housing Partnership One Program. Be available to answer all questions from loan officers in regards to the criteria to be met.
- Develop and expand the Bank’s footprint North, South and West of the Boston housing market working with community programs, down payment assistance programs and First Time Homebuyer classes.
- Actively develop and generate business outside of office
- Actively develop and generate referrals to other Loan Officers in the Bank
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Strong organizational and people skills
- Must have at least five years working in the Residential Lending/Mortgage environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Community Reinvestment Act and federal and State fair lending laws and regulations
- High energy and engagement in identifying and developing new relationships with community partners, stakeholders and organizations, and leveraging current relationships to further expand business development opportunities at all levels
- Strong working knowledge of community lending products
- Excellent internal and external communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Encompass
- College preferred but not necessary or equivalent experience in Residential Lending/Mortgage environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our goal is to offer our colleagues the most generous benefits package possible. We strive to provide colleagues with a comprehensive benefits package and an environment that supports a healthy work-life balance. Benefits include: Competitive compensation with performance incentive awards, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, a 401K and DC Plan for your retirement, LTD & Life Insurance, Day Care Reimbursement, Tuition Assistance for graduate and undergraduate programs, an award winning Wellness program and much more!
At Rockland Trust you'll find a respectful and inclusive environment where everyone is given the chance to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.