Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
If you are a fit, the team will reach out to you about this role or any others that may be a fit for our clients.
Our client is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. They are the first online concierge financial platform designed to give self-employed people the technology and team they need to focus on their passion, and not their paperwork. Our client handles company formation, taxes, accounting, and much more. We are headquartered in San Francisco and backed by General Catalyst, QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa, and more.
About the Role
As a senior engineer on our client's team, you will have the unique opportunity to guide the future of freelance work. You will serve as the main point of contact for all things related to technical architecture- backend and frontend. The team will rely on your innovative solutions to complex technical problems. They want to create an environment where our engineers have autonomy and purpose.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Full-Stack developer who will become a team member at our San Francisco-based, venture-backed tech startup to support us in our tremendous growth.
As part of our client's passionate team, you will mainly implement both frontend and backend Web Applications of Collective using Django and React over GitHub. You will implement some customer-facing React pages. You will also implement some APIs that enable our system to integrate with third-party tools and partners over our backend. We will also be working on some automation systems, which will aim to decrease our operation team’s workload.
- Working closely with the engineering and product team, implement both frontend and backend of Collective
- Contribute team effort to develop technical solutions, 100% hands-on development
- Implement 3rd party integrations using their APIs and webhooks
- Develop documentation to aid onboarding and debugging, as well as capturing best practices for team cohesion
- Implement unit testings which will help us to have bug-free releases
- 6+ years of experience in Back-End development in fast-paced environments
- 3+ years of experience in Front-End development in fast-paced environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Deep understanding of algorithms and CS fundamentals
- Expert level Python & Django
- Moderate experience with React
- Test-driven development / best practices engineering
- Resourceful, creative, and able to find innovative ways to achieve results
- Comfortable with change and able to work in a fast-paced environment, previous startup experience highly preferred
- Experience in RESTful API development/implementation
- Experience in AWS or Heroku management
- Nice to have: Startup experience
- Nice to have: Experience in security implementation
- Nice to have: Automation experience between the software systems
What They Bring
- A dynamic, diverse, and collaborative team with flexibility around where you work.
- Competitive salary, MacBook Pro, AirPods, and full remote work set up
- Team events, workshops, and virtual gatherings!