Requisition ID: 284099
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
This position can be based anywhere in North America
Purpose & Objective
SAP Services’ strategy is to drive innovative services to customers with an end-to-end view. Within Services, the Intelligent Delivery Group (IDG) is dedicated to fostering adoption of SAP solutions for our customers through an unparalleled service experience On-Premise, in the Cloud, and in a hybrid setup.
Working in close alignment with Product Engineering and the IBUs (Industry Business Units), IDG is center stage for leading the content community across IDG and all Services Regions and MUs. This collaboration is driven by the IDG “Content Hub”.
The ‘Content Hub’ serves as the global expert and content owner layer for Services in support of internal and external SAP stakeholders:
- Its dedicated global expert teams act as a centralized multiplier to drive the global industry core portfolio and E2E advisory knowledge.
- It orchestrates the cross-regional sharing of global community knowledge for key industries and core areas
The ‘Content Hub’ is working in close alignment with product engineering, IBUs, and the Global Services Senior Leadership Team and holds a strategic position and high visibility across those functions.
As a “Global Principal Industry Architect”– Manufacturing Industries in our global Engineering & Manufacturing Team, you will play an instrumental role to:
- Successfully deliver customer outcomes primarily for Manufacturing Industry customers globally in teamwork with the regional/ local delivery teams
- Roll-in industry market/ customer requirements across all regions to productize service packages and content
- Support SAP stakeholders across Product Engineering and Sales with deep industry and respective solution knowledge
Adequate career in at least one of the following Discrete Industries:
- Industrial Machinery & Components
- Aerospace & Defense
- In-depth knowledge of respective industry processes and SAP solution experience in – expert in at least one of the content areas below:
- Manufacturing Solutions
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Service Management
- Research & Development
- Profound knowledge of the SAP Services business for the respective area as well as internal SAP processes
- Understanding of SAP’s overall strategy and contribution of Services to customer success
- Experience in defining and creating corresponding innovative Service portfolio
Expectations & Tasks:
Self-driven motivation to drive SAP’s success in Manufacturing Industries by securing our customer’s success and knowledge growth across the eco-system. Work in a global expert team within the industry cluster to fulfill the following key tasks:
Drive customer success by delivering SAP projects and act as a globally trusted strategic advisor for customers and partner eco-system
- Support License & Services Sales across the globe with thought leadership & expert knowledge and drive incubation and create lighthouse customer cases
- Capture, package, and create global innovative assets with outcome-based and faster time-to-value to accelerate customer adoption
- Support definition and build of new solution components that drive market adoption across the LACE model in close alignment with Product Engineering
- Lead the knowledge collection, sharing, and distribution to educate across the eco-system to increase SAP’s footprint inclusive of partner enablement
- Work, collaborate and influence key stakeholders across organizational layers
Work Experience & Additional Skills:
- <5+> years in Discrete Industries (Automotive, High-Tech, IM&C, A&D)
- <10+> years working experience as Consultant or Solution Archtect for SAP solutions
- Fluency in English is required; additional language is a plus
- Ability and willingness to undertake global travel
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual - USA