Connected Car, Autonomous Self-Driving Vehicle technologies, IoT, Embedded Application Development, Internet Radio and Mobile Apps are just some of the cool things we work on here at Abalta Technologies. We are pioneers in the navigation and mapping industry and have worked with over 60 global name brands since our inception. Our business is booming and our customers continue to want more from us. Abalta Technologies has a reputation for being extremely innovative and capable and we are seeking new team members who possesses these same qualities.
Founded in 2003 and based in San Diego, Abalta Technologies is a global leader in software design and development. Our employees experience the excitement of working in a fast growing and dynamic environment and the opportunity to work on some of the coolest tech in the industry.
Abalta Technologies success is a direct result of the team and culture we have created. Employees are afforded the opportunity to explore new technical areas while also sharpening their existing skills on the many leading edge solutions we develop for our clients. Work as a member of a small team building next generation solutions in connected car and IoT. Our team members help each other become great software engineers capable of solving some of the hardest problems on the planet.
We are on the leading edge of connected car and mobile technology and seek job candidates that want to join the ranks of a successful, growing and dynamic software company.
If you have what it takes, Abalta Technologies is looking a technically strong Quality Assurance Engineer to become part of our team of engineers. The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter with great drive and motivation to work on exciting and challenging projects.
The following are the mandatory requirements. The candidate must:
- MUST be a US citizen or eligible to work in the US for any employer without any restrictions.
- Have minimum of 3 years of experience (professional or in school) with software development, software testing or software quality assurance.
- Have a BS or MS in CS, CE, or EE or equivalent experience.
- If applying for entry level position, must have core class GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Have experience with writing test scripts and with automated testing tools.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be self-motivated. Must be able to anticipate problems, spot opportunities and take a proactive approach to responsibilities.
- Have first-rate problem solving skills.
- Be able to keep to a schedule and work to meet deadlines.
- Be motivated to continue to learn new skills.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to facilitate working within a team and with the customer.
- Be highly organized with strong attention to detail.
One or more of the following additional skills are highly desired
- Strong experience with Python/Shell/Bash
- Programmatic experience with SQL and No-SQL Databases
- Programmatic experience with Grafana or similar monitoring solutions
- CI/CD build tool experience - Jenkins, Maven, or similar
- Java Development experience
- Development and/or testing experience with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, etc).
- Development and/or testing experience with embedded real time operating systems (QNX, Embedded Linux, Windows CE, etc).
- Development and/or testing experience with mobile devices running iOS, Android, and/or Windows Mobile.
- Manual testing on embedded devices
- Build tools and scripts to reduce the need for repetitive and manual tasks and tests.
- Analyze requirements and product specifications.
- Create, implement, and execute tests to break our software.
- Report found issues and work with software engineers and customers to determine the causes and solutions
- Interact with engineers and managers to create good testing processes and test plans for software projects.
- Interact with customers to understand their testing requirements and report issues.
- Participate in the planning and development of the technical culture of the company.